a non devotee question me

Today. A man who is a chandi bhakta .he asked me why u are wearing tulasi kanthi mala. I said hi that I have faith Krishna.Then he ask me are u wearing tulsi mala when u are going toilet.I said yes.He said then before using toilet we should remove kanthi mala...What should be the ans .

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• H.k, prabhu ji. All glrs 2sp.
    Thank you for your help.
    Ys
    • E-Counselor

Answers above are sufficient also you can add that "in Hari Bhakti Vilasa it is stated that:

tulasī-kāstha-mālām tu preta-rājasya dūtakāh |

drstvā naśyanti dūrena vātoddhūtam yathā dalam ||337||

tulasī-kāstha-mālābhir bhūsito bhramate yadi |

duhsvapnam durnimittam ca na bhayam śastrajam kvacit ||338||

Just by seeing the tulasī beads on a person’s neck, the Yamadūtas flee to a distant place. A person who wanders here and there after putting on tulasī neckbeads has nothing to fear from an accident, bad dreams, or weapons.

So there is no need to remove Kanthi Mala any time.

राधा रसिकराज दास

आध्यात्मिक सुविज्ञ एवं सलाहकार 

ISKCON Desire Tree - हिंदी 

मो. : 9323 547 108, 9987 94 94 94  ई-मेल : idesiretree.hindi@gmail.com

वेबसाइट: hindi.iskcondesiretree.com  फेसबुक: www.facebook.com/IDesireTreeHindi

ISKCON Desire Tree - हिंदी - हिंदी भाषी भक्तों के लिए
  • Volunteer

Hare Krsna,
    My obeisances to all devotees, guru and gauranga.

In one line the answer you can give to your friend is "yes, I can wear kanthi mala even when I use the toilet just like our previous acharyas did". That should be sufficient response prabhu.

This body itself is infested and dirty and not fit for chanting prabhu what to talk about wearing Tulsi mala or chant on Tulsi beads. But Mahaprabhu who is krsna himself descended to make us qualify to chant the holy name even with this abominable body.

For a vaishnava who has firm faith in Krsna, it is important to understand the importance of the things that we do in krsna consciousness. The tradition and etiquette has been passed down from previous acharyas. Prabhupada said kanthi mala is like a dog tag which says "I am a dog, a servant of krsna". This line is significant.

If you or I told this to a third person, he will laugh at us and mock us. But tell the same thing to a vaishnava and he will do dandvats to you.

Prabhu, you dont need to answer to anyone or take offense to what they say. Give them the info if they ask you. Dont argue with the faithless. It will bring down your spiritual progress. We have to ultimately please krsna with our service and attitude and true consciousness.

Srila prabhupada ki jai..

Hare krsna

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

There is no need removing it. Once we accept it, it is for a lifetime. Unless it breaks and u have to get a new one. 

Tulasi maharani is transcendental and is not affected by anything, just like holy name. 

Hare Krsna 

This reply was deleted.