Replies

• Radhe Shyam,

There r lot of examples of Sharnagati few are .

• Draupadi during vastra haran.
    • Kuti Devi.
    • But the best example is Uttara wife of Abhimanyu, She said to Lord when Ashwathama had released Brhamastra to Kill Parikshit Maharaj in her womb, there r lot of people to whome I can protest but I am not goig to ne 1 nor did I c ne 1 exept u to protect my child future of Pandava.

So in case of Draupadi n Kunti devi they request other senior people of their family for help, but Uttara Devi directly approched Shri Krishna. This is ANANYA ASHRAYA.

Haribol.

• Volunteer

Dear Rahul Prabhu,
    Please accept my humble obeisances.
    All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I am in no way senior or experienced devotee, but here is my present understanding of the practice of these 6 items:

(1) I try to arrange my household life so that I can dedicate the maximum time to direct Krishna conscious activities (hearing, chanting, worshipping etc.) and that my other activities are at least indirectly connected to Krishna.

(2) I try to minimize and gradually become free from things that may be needed at present but that cannot be so well connected to Krishna consciousness, and I try to bring the indirect services more close to direct services.

(3) I cultivate understanding that Krishna always wants the best for me as a spirit soul. My material affairs may sometimes not go so well, but I know Krishna is always protecting my desire to develop devotion to Him and always arranging things to bring me closer and closer to pure devotion.

(4) Apart from not asking things from demigods, we should not also too much rely on or have sense of dependence from other people, thinking or hoping that they can arrange something for our welfare or happiness. Our real happiness is in devotional service. Of course, we always feel dependent upon spiritual master and on devotee association for maintaining and developing our Krishna consciousness, but such maintenance is the same as maintenance by Krishna.

(5) I know that Krishna controls everything, I may do my duties to the best of my ability, but still Krishna will choose to give or not to give the result. For example, I may try to protect my child as good as I can but still he might get injured or fall sick despite all effort. So I can simply try to execute my duty to the best ability according to the rules set by Krishna.

(6) Ultimately this body or household is not my property as a soul. As a soul I am poorest of the poor because I have not yet fully realized my relationship to Krishna, and I am dependent on His mercy to realize that. Then only we can be fully safe, peaceful and happy, when we have the full realization of our identity as servant of Krishna. As long as we don't we are poorest of the poor and Krishna's mercy is our only hope.

Your humble servant,
    Madhavi-lata d.d.

• Hare krishna dear Madhavi-lata mataji

Dandavat Pranam!

Your messages are always enlightening and closer to practicality.

Many times suddenly a thought/desire comes up to make "kheer" . I make and offer to Krishna and then eat it as Prasad. But then another thought comes, I made this kheer because I wanted to eat it .Is that Sharangati then? Difficult to know if some of genuine desires are coming from Krishna or they are my own to enjoy or because they make me peace.

Sharangati comes automatically if you love someone (especially Krishna). We can do anything for someone we love. But on the other hand , devotees say first you surrender and then comes the stage of love for Godhead.

So I guess it's little bit unto  individuals to shape their day today activity results to be as dependent on Krishna as possible and eventually Krishna himself will direct you accordingly.

Jai shree Krishna

• Volunteer

Dear Alka Mataji,

Please accept my humble obeisances.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

There is nothing wrong even if it is our desire to eat kheer, if having such desire we make it according to proper rules (in a clean pot, not tasting etc.) and then we offer it to Krishna with proper prayers. Even if it was our desire, Krishna will be pleased. In the beginning we connect our desires to Krishna's service according to the rules given to us by spiritual master, devotees and scriptures. Then, as we become more purified, we will understand more and more what is Krishna's desires and want to fulfill them. For example, we may desire to make our lifestyle more regulated, eat only at scheduled times and just the amount that we need to be healthy. But it is said, better to eat 10 times too much prasadam than just the right amount of not offered food!

So depending on our level, first we become fixed on eating only prasadam and nothing else. Never mind if it is too much or on wrong time, if it is prasadam, Krishna will be happy. But when we are fixed on eating just prasadam, we may start to gradually regulate ourselves so that we do not eat too much or on wrong times, so we have better health for our service to Krishna.

Yes, it is both sides. We cannot fully surrender to Krishna until we have full realization of Him, and He will not reveal Himself fully until we have pure love for Him. So we get a little attraction and realization of Krishna by the mercy of devotees, then we do some devotional service, make some effort, and then Krishna reveals Himself a little more, and we can surrender and serve more. We surrender a little, how much we can, and if it is sincere, if Krishna is pleased, He directs us how to surrender more. So gradually, step by step, it increases.

Thank you for this nice discussion,

Your humble servant,

Madhavi-lata d.d.

• Volunteer

From Srila Prabhupada's Purport to Narada Bhakti Sutra 12:

"When a person becomes firmly convinced about the importance of devotional service, he surrenders unto the Supreme Lord. There are six symptoms of surrender:-

(1) One should perform only those actions favourable for devotional service to Kṛṣṇa.

(2) One should give up everything unfavourable for discharging devotional service.

(3) One should firmly believe that Kṛṣṇa will protect one in all circumstances and that no one is a better protector than Kṛṣṇa. This conviction should be distinct from the monistic philosophy that one is as good as Kṛṣṇa. Rather, one should always think that Kṛṣṇa, or God, is great and that one is always protected by Him.

(4) One should have the conviction that Kṛṣṇa is one's maintainer, and one should not take shelter of any demigod for maintenance.

(5) One should always remember that one's activities and desires are not independent. In other words, the devotee should feel completely dependent on Kṛṣṇa, and thus he should act and think as Kṛṣṇa desires.

(6) One should always think himself the poorest of the poor and feel totally dependent on the mercy of Kṛṣṇa.

A devotee who follows these six principles of surrender always thinks, "O Lord, I am Yours in every respect; I am Your eternal servant." In this way a pure devotee becomes cleansed."

• Volunteer

please Prabhuji, elaborate little bit Your post so that Devotees and newcomers will be able to understand and give suitable replies!

Thank You!

Your servant,  

This reply was deleted.