Soul

Hi

I have read that soul is eternal and does not change. So if I was a bad person  doing sinful acts in a past live and why now I am a "good person ". I must be a bad person doing many sinful actions now in my present life since soul is eternal and does not change

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krsna

"How he is put into such different bodies is explained here. It is due to association with the different modes of nature. One has to rise, therefore, above the three material modes and become situated in the transcendental position. That is called Kṛṣṇa consciousness. Unless one is situated in Kṛṣṇa consciousness, his material consciousness will oblige him to transfer from one body to another because he has material desires since time immemorial. But he has to change that conception. That change can be effected only by hearing from authoritative sources. The best example is here: Arjuna is hearing the science of God from Kṛṣṇa. The living entity, if he submits to this hearing process, will lose his long-cherished desire to dominate material nature, and gradually and proportionately, as he reduces his long desire to dominate, he comes to enjoy spiritual happiness. In a Vedic mantra it is said that as he becomes learned in association with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he proportionately relishes his eternal blissful life." purport BG As It Is 13.22

"This body is made by material nature under the direction of the Supersoul, and whatever activities are going on in respect to one's body are not his doing. Whatever one is supposed to do, either for happiness or for distress, one is forced to do because of the bodily constitution. The self, however, is outside all these bodily activities. This body is given according to one's past desires. To fulfill desires, one is given the body, with which he acts accordingly. Practically speaking, the body is a machine, designed by the Supreme Lord, to fulfill desires. Because of desires, one is put into difficult circumstances to suffer or to enjoy. This transcendental vision of the living entity, when developed, makes one separate from bodily activities. One who has such a vision is an actual seer." purport BG As It Is 13.30

"It is also explained that the Paramātmā, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is living in everyone's heart as īśvara, as the controller, and that He is giving directions for the living entity to act as he desires. The living entity forgets what to do. First of all he makes a determination to act in a certain way, and then he is entangled in the actions and reactions of his own karma. After giving up one type of body, he enters another type of body, as we put on and take off clothes. As the soul thus migrates, he suffers the actions and reactions of his past activities. These activities can be changed when the living being is in the mode of goodness, in sanity, and understands what sort of activities he should adopt. If he does so, then all the actions and reactions of his past activities can be changed. Consequently, karma is not eternal." from Introduction, BG As It Is
  • Hare krishna,
    pamho:agtsp;
    Soul only can desire*********** he can't do anything himself.bad and good actions these are dualities.we are affected by three modes of material nature (we are what we asscociated with). K.C. is above three modes but going to pure K.C. stage is gradual process our mind ,intellegence and body is changing all time.we are practising to cultivate K.C. desire (or can say purifying desire) then krishna will do necesary.
    So conclusion is if we desire to be good krishna will arrange everything that we behave good and vice versa.in reality we should desire to be K.C. then krishna will arrange everyhting so that we become vaishnava.

Ys,
    nilesh
  • you have missed the point the good or the bad concept is etched on your mind while the soul is entity different and does not register all the concept mankind has evovved tell me one things even if one man does not remain alive will the universe vanish no only that man body is not the mind attach to the soul will find another vechile suitable for it to be concious of its activities.
    it may be acrude way of answering some realized soul can put it in abetter way ISKCON senoir devotees may answer this better hare krishna
  • Jai Shri Krishna..

This is just my thoughts and could be wrong so please forgive any mistakes.
    You are a soul and eternal is correct. You did something undesirable so that you are in your present form. You could have been in a lower life form which is in a mode of ignorance. Somehow you did something which was advantageous to your liberation thus attaining the present form. This is the only form on earth which affords you the opportunity to liberation to Krishna. To serve Him and be part of his cowherd boys.

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna*Krishna Krishna Hare Hare*Hare Rama Hare Rama*Rama Rama Hare Hare

This reply was deleted.