Question: Meaning of the Hare Krishna Mantra

Question: Meaning of the Hare Krishna MantraKindly help me to know the word by word meaning of the entire Mahamantra, what we exactly say to Lord when we chant His holy names.Your servant in the service of Lord Krishna,Hare KrishnaAnswer: Engage Me in ServiceHare means the energy of the Lord which will eradicate all our difficulties , and Krishna and Rama are both names for the Lord. So when chant the Hare Krishna mantra...Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare...we are begging the Lord and His energy to please engage us their pure devotional service.Hare Krishna Hare KrishnaFor more discussions visithttp://harekrishnaharekrishna.ning.com/forum/

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer
    "Oh, Krishna, whatever I do, let me do it for You."
  • hare krishna prabhuji,the meaning of this mahamantra is
    oh!lord krishna,oh!rama,oh radha! please engagae me in your devotional service.Hare krishna mahamantra is a prayer.when chant it,it means that you are pleading lord to engage u in His devotional service.as Hare Krishna Mahamantra has names of Lord as "krishna and Rama" in it,becomes very powerful to cleanse our heart which is covered by material dust and purify us to recieve devotional service from Him.Krishna is the supreme personality and He is non different from His name.unlike us,Krishna is notdifferent from His body or name. so, whenever you chant or say Krishna ,Krishna himself appears there in your heart to purify you.among all the names of Lord, "krishna and Rama"are the most powerful names.so,when u chant 16 rounds you say them for 6912 times each.so,imagine how much purification of heart is done by chanting His wonderful prayer. hari bol
This reply was deleted.