yoga

https://vedabase.io/en/library/bg/6/20-23/

Not reallly a question. I have been reading gita for years. Only now i seem to understand something I have been reading it all wrong. 

Stages i read it in:

Chapter by Chaper each verse Only NO purports (i know its tempting. Maybe one) Over 18 days.

It flows in your mind much better,, Reading slowly. Each verse one chapter per day. Only takes 10-20 mins

Then read again and if like a verse read purport. I dont force it. Repeat again. But this time i read slower.

Only then now the purports seem to make much more sence. Because i get the idea of the whole chapter and its flowing much more nicely. 

What do you think?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krsna

Don't think Prabhu. Read with submissive spirit all the Purports atleast three times.

Hari Bol

• Hare Krsna Prabhu

Keep varying your style of reading the Bhagavad-gita as it is. According to Prabhupada you should first read the introduction, then the chapters one by one. First the sloka, then, the word to word meanings, Translation and Purport. 

Then you can also try varying your style, for example:

one chapter a day etc.

Use your intelligence because the Bhagavad-gita is a great mystery. You need to crack the mystery with the help of Prabhupada! 

I'm reading only the sanskrit slokas now, earlier I would read only the English translation and Purports, i must have read like this about ten times . Now, they come automatically to my mind when I read the sanskrit slokas. 

it's a very nice post. How to read the Bhagavad-gita. We need to keep improvising how to get the message in. That's using your intelligence and Krsna appreciates this in the end of the 18th chapter.

Hari Bol

• well im not living in a temple so im busy with work. I have to choose how i read it. Depending on my job im doing im able to read more or less.

I read Bhagavatam like this once:

Wake early in morning 4am or 3am. Shower and wear clean cloths

Take out tablet and read Verses. Translations and Purports for 2 full hours.

Have Prabhupada Japa (slow) playing while reading on low volume.

If you feel little tired dont worry get up few mins then go back to reading.

That way you can read Full Bhagavatam in around 2-3 months easy.

This reply was deleted.