Hare Krishna,

We know māyā affects us through mind. But while chanting Lord's name we are associating with Krishna, then why mind goes to various things during chanting ? Is not mind going to various object while chanting indicate māyā acting in presence of Krishna ?

It says :

CC Madhya 22.31 : kṛṣṇa — sūrya-sama; māyā haya andhakāra .. yāhāṅ kṛṣṇa, tāhāṅ nāhi māyāra adhikāra

=> Then why māyā acting while we are associating with Krishna through His holy name ? Why we need to struggle so much to keep mind intact in holy name if - As soon as one takes to Kṛṣṇa consciousness, the darkness of illusion (the influence of the external energy) will immediately vanish.

Is this verse applicable specially to those who are advanced in bhakti ? Please help to understand meaning of this sloka well (share references if possible for further study). Thanks a lot.

- Jai Shri Yashoda-Nanadana !! Jai Bhakt Prahlad ki Jai !!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you very much Prabhuji for that nice verse.

Prabhuji, I remember Keshav Ananda Prabhu ji mentioned - it is as if we are sitting in Krishna's lap when we are chanting His name like a baby sitting in mother's lap. We are able to chant His name indicates He is with us. So my doubt here is - how mAyA can attack in presence of Krishna or in other sense what is the meaning of the sloka in question ? Is it applicable to some section of devotees ?

- Jai Shri Yashoda-Nandana !! Jai Bhakt Prahlad ki Jai !!

• International Society  for Krishna CONSCIOUSNESS

we are trying to be Krishna conscious. Krishna surya sama means one whose consciousness is fully krishnaized he can be free from maya. whether we are with Krishna or not that doesnt matter. duryadhan was also with krishna but ..................      so just holding beads in the hand doesnt guaranty one to be krishna conscious until unless he wants to be. and endeavor to be kc will make one free from maya.   

• Thanks a lot Prabhuji for that wonderful analogy and explanation. 

-Jai Shri Yashoda-Nandana !! Jai Bhakt Prahlad ki Jai !!

This reply was deleted.