I have been worshiping and loving Shiva from childhood even now. Now that i am in Krishna Consciousness and after reading Gita and some other scriptures i realized that Ekanti Bhakti is needed.

Now for many months i am worshiping Krishna parallely to Shiva linga and Ganesh.  I give 90%

time in devotional service to Krishna(Vishnu Tatwa) . I am also attached to Shiva and Ganesh also so  am unable to remove Shiv linga and Ganesh idol from my main alter where  Radha Krishna,Panchatatwa Narsingha dev guru parampara has taken prominent position.

Latest addition being laddo Gopal whose own alter takes 40% space in my main alter.

I dont have seperate alter or space to keep Shiva and Ganesh in a seperate place.but can keep them in the main alter .

I heard one shold not keep demigod idols or pictures in the same alter as krishna and Vishnu tatwa.

Also I am unable to give time to them so i think i am offending them and am feeling guilty for this. Also in addition to attachment , i cant remove them thinking they might be angry as i have been offering service to them for years. but keeping them now has become a formality as i only give offerings to them but not doing  bhakti.

Krishna says that one should worship only him as all the sacrifices  and offerings to demigods ultimately goes to him.

I am confussed what i should do. Please help.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hk !

Dandavat Pranam Prabhuji .

I m very thankful to u prabhuji , ask question because in beginning whn i came to Krsn Councisns...same question disturbed me , Asked to my Shiksha guru ,as he said Lord Shiva is  pure Vaishnav n he only worship  Lord Vishnu ...& Ganeshji is Vighna Harta n Narsimha dev is Vighna vinashak .....

as u said prabhuji u worship lord Shiva & Ganeshji from long ago they only bring your Worship n take you to the lotus feet of Krishna supreme personality......& i personally notice who worship Shiva is now in krishna bhakti ,  so dont vary shivji wil not get angry  on you.or on other .. That is our materialistic thinking ...

Hari bol..

• Volunteer

give them time as is given in Ekanti Bhakti

what does it mean?

• Volunteer

As i heard Devotees worship Lord Shiva as top most Devotee of Lord Krishna. And he is also a protector of Rasa dance - Gopeshvar Mahadev.

He protects our devotion to Krishna. He is not a Demigod nor Krishna. But he is like a curd where as Krishna is milk. Milk always can become a curd but curd does not become milk.

But i do not know much about Ganeshji. But saw also Devotees respect him. Also saw many Devotees worship Hanumanji and respect Shaniji.

But all these we have to do in order to pray for their mercy to increase our devotion to Krishna.

Here in the next images You can see how HH Indradyumna Maharaja keeps Lord Shiva and Ganeshji in both back sides of Lord Krishna in the form of Shaligram Shilas:

2539303706?profile=original 

2539303683?profile=original 

Your servant, 

This reply was deleted.