Work to Keep Krishna in Centre

Hare Krishna !

Few days back, I have seen Lal Govind Prabhuji's Video in which he was saying that we should do all work to keep Krishna in Centre. I can't understand this. Can you please explain me with example. I will be very thankful to you. 

Regards

Parag

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Its quiet very simple to understand this.... whatsoever you do in your life think that you are doing to satisfy krishna and slowly and steadily you will come to realise the thing you want to understand...
  • E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

How to keep Krsna in centre of our activities - this question has been answered by Krsna in Gita Ch 9. Yat karosi yad asnasi yad juhosi dadati yat...... whatever you do, do it for Me. 

Suppose we are cooking, cook for Krsna. Offer to Krsna first and then eat/ give to others to eat. 

If we are cleaning the house, consider I am cleaning the temple of the lord.

If we are going out to work to earn our living, start your work by praying that whatever I do today, it is my offering to You. After that, when you get salary, take out one portion or a fixed amount for the service of the lord and His devotees. 

Whatever you do, do keeping Krsna in the centre. It is possible. It takes conscious effort in the beginning, then it becomes a way of life.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krishna..,

Normally we being conditioned souls we like to enjoy... Right? We want to be happy... But in a conditioned state., It is the ego which drives us to be happy. That means everything the way we behave,the way we talk, the way we act.. If we are little introspective....we can understand that it is the ego.

Now what does ego mean?

Ego means I am the center, I am the object of worship., I am the enjoyer. It means everything is revolving around you. You feel you are the doer. It is all about you.. ( self -centered person we can say). Very egoistic person we can say. Everything the person does he thinks he is the doer, he is great, he is responsible for everything, he is enjoyer of all works. This means simply we are competing with the position of God. ( example was Hiranyakashyap). Hiranyakashyap thought there is no one as great as him. After getting all boons he became very proud and egoistic, arrogant.. self- centered.. He made all people bow to him as  God. 

But the truth is the soul by nature was never any time center ..never was he enjoyer and never he will be. the soul can never was a controller or never he will be a controller. The position of soul is only service to the Supreme Lord. In this position only he is always happy. If ego comes in the way all problems have started.. frustrations, disappointments and all problems arise.  It maybe war, it maybe relationship issue it maybe anything. Becoz of ego only...two nations are still fighting..Right? ( India and Pakistan).  So many quarrels so many ego fights all because you keep yourself in the center. 

So , surrender means to keep Krishna in center not your false ego in the center.

Every time we quarrel, we lash out attacking  each other with words.. it should be understood that our ego is kept in center and it is given more importance then Krishna.

When we are understanding, cooperating, adjusting, not reacting overly to happiness or sadness., not reacting overly to praise or dejection.. When we remain stable in all circumstances.. It should be understood that we have kept  Krishna in the center. Saying Krishna is the enjoyer, Krishna is the supreme controller, Krishna is the doer..  I am nothing.. I am just a part and parcel of Krishna. 

Hare Krishna.

• came across the vid. which I have used to answer this question maybe you can go thru it for more clarity and deeper understanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2COyQ6ozMQ

19:00 min--25:00 min watch out the same question is being discussed by Adikeshav prabhu ji.

• Hare Krishna !

thanks for your valuable reply.

This reply was deleted.