Women's intelligence

Women's intelligence

There’s a new fashion that is to say that women are less intelligent then man. Here I’d like to show what the scriptures say about it. In a certain way, it is indeed said that most part of women usually have a very soft heart. That might be aproblem because many times they can put their heart and feelings before theirintelligence or sense of discrimination. This is not exactly a lack ofintelligence, but a purity of heart that is dangerous for the person in adegraded world like the one we live in. In this way, pure creatures like womenand brahmanas should always be taken care of, so that they can be protected fromevil persons. There’s no question that the brahminical class is the mostintelligent class of the society (we are not speaking here of people who arebrahmanas because were born in family of brahmanas, but we are talking aboutreal brahmanas, with the brahminical qualifications). Similarly, the fact thatwomen are pure or, many times, innocent, or that they have to be protected, hasabsolutely nothing to do with a lack of intelligence. Sarasvati, the goddess ofintelligence is a woman!
“Agnihthram Tatachar swamy points out a specialVedic term : Purandhi, and explains its significance . According to the VedAs ,women are more intelligent than men (i.e) she is a purandhi. (…) By that term ,Women's superior intelligence is indicated.”*
Being aware of the capacity ofthe girls, the families and teachers used to train them just as they used totrain the boys. That was according to the Atharva Veda, which says that girlsshould be trained as students before entering marriage life. “Girls should trainthemselves to become complete scholars and youthful through Brahmcharya and thenenter married life.” **
The Atharva Veda also says: “Oh woman! You are thekeeper of knowledge of all types of actions (karma).” “Oh woman! You knoweverything. Please provide us strength of prosperity and wealth.” and “Oh woman!Utilize your vedic intellect in all directions of our home!”.
In the sameVeda it is also stated: “Women should take part in the legislative chambers andput their views on forefront.” And from the Rg Veda we have: “O men and women! Ascholarly woman who has practiced or teaches one, two or three Vedas or fourVedas and four upavedas, along with grammar, etymology etc and spreads knowledgeto whole world and removes ignorance of people is source of happiness for entireworld. A woman who studies and teaches all parts of Vedas brings progress to allhuman beings.” So, the idea that women can’t study the Vedas is just a modernnon-sense. Actually, they should not only study it, but also teach it, althoughwe see that in many spiritual societies nowadays women are not allowed to preachor teach.
According to The Rg Veda, women can say: “My destiny is as gloriousas the rising sun. I am the flag of my home and society. I am also their head. Ican give impressive discourses. My sons conquer enemies. My daughter illuminatesthe whole world.”
So, as we see, women from vedic age don’t think ofthemselves as poor non-intelligent creatures. They know their importance notonly for their family but also for their society. They are the had. So, theyhave intelligence and give directions. Their importance is not only to staybehind men obeying their orders. They say they can give impressive discourses.Of course they are not locked at home just cooking and cleaning, otherwise, thatstatement would make no sense. They are free to speak for many people and theyare impressive, so they have knowledge to cause that impression. Their sonsconquer enemies, but their daughter illuminates the whole world. Their daughtersare not burdens that are killed in the womb or who are less important then theirsons. No! They illuminate the whole world!

*SriPedia - http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia/cgi-bin/kbase/Vedas/Women’
** Agniveer – Womenin Vedas - http://agniveer.com/vedas/women-in-vedas/

http://deviwoman.blogspot.com/

www.iskconbr.multiply.com

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Less intelligent women usually stop their husbands who want to join a Sankirana. That may be the proof why women are less intelligent that they are less likely to see Sankirtana as an instruction from Acharyas.

90% of the excuses I get why other prabhus dont want to join me in Sankirtana is because they say their wife does not want me to stay away from family and perform Sankirtana. These devotees go to temple every Sunday.

Perhaps men devotees are less intelligent listening to their wives.

Its the chicken or an egg issue here.

It is unfortunate that everyone here is answering to please women, instead of telling them the truth.

"Women are simply less intelligent" Srila Prabhupada Said it. Chanakya Said it...

Let see how many spiritual masters/Acharyas are women...? count is 0

How many of the disciples of Jesus were women? lets see... zero

Not sure why I am wasting my time talking to other women, who's only goal here seems to be to make an argument otherwise.

If Srila Prabhupada said it, I simply accept it.

• Mary Magdeline was a disciple of Jesus.  So that statement it wrong.  And don't give me the garbage that she was a prostitute.  I can prove you wrong on that one too.

There are no female gurus because ISKCON is a patriarchal, misogynistic institution, which I believe will change one day.  The fact that there are no female gurus has NOTHING to do with womens' intelligence.  It has to do with men not wanting to give up power that they have had for so many years.  Please open your eyes and expand your mind a little here.

• Volunteer

Yes there are exceptions. Jahnavi Devi was also one of them.

Nevertheless women are less intelligent. When I am saying that women are less intelligent, I am not saying that about mother Magdelina. Even if she was a prostitute, it does not matter, what she did prior to accepting Jesus as her guru.

How ever I have a feeling it very well applies to you. I used to be less intelligent like you. I used to criticize just like you and ruined my spiritual life. I have to warn you that I have been there. Not worth the split second joy you get for criticizing devotees. Firstly, I realized, it doesnt make me any more a better person.

I sincerely apologize if I offended you. Sorry I dont want to sugar coat the truth.

If you are so intelligent, please try to follow the instructions of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, perform Sankirtana every day. If you prove yourself intelligent, I will meet you touch your feet.

That is my challenge to you.

• Wow, I just looked at your profile and realized that you are a woman.  Wow.  I am not quite sure what to say to someone who calls herself inferior.  Sorry.

Hare Krishna

• Volunteer

Apology Accepted.. ;-)

I have posted this earlier in the discussion, you may not have read:

It is a good idea to explain what it means by less intelligent.

We are definitely not talking about man's superiority over women's

ability to code in c++ or solve complex differential equations.

Prabhu, would you be kind enough to explain what Prabhupada meant

when He said women are less intelligent, less intelligent

are also, men who are Sudra

(someone having a job/receiving a pay check)

and Dwijabandhu (man fallen from Brahmanical activity)

• hare krishna prabhu g....

i m not criticising ur views since they are based on vedas but i would like to say lots of many others things are also in vedas like child marriage, widow remarriage but they all have changed because of time......

so it can be said that because of time many things are changed and this is evolution..

hari bol

• Yes, I did read that, thank you. :)
            • LOL I haven't criticised anyone.  I have presented facts.  I am not less intelligent. And I reject your attempts to put me in my place.  I am, however, committed to Caitanya Mahaprabhu's movement.  I just don't live in the 19th or even the 15th century, where women were considered to be inferior.  Sorry, we just disagree.  It does not have to be a hostile disagreement, where you call me less intelligent or I call you whatever.

Hare Krishna!

• Volunteer

No hard feeling Kara, we are just discussing. Please dont take it emotionally, kindly present your views and make an argument.

So what changed since 19th or 15 th century?

Women have been cheated by man. thats about the only change. Women has become independent of Man, become dependent on the Government.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_children_are_born_out_of_wedlock...

One of my workers says, why buy the cow, when I can get all the milk I need for free? I wonder if women realize that they are just used as sex objects, Perhaps not!- due to their lesser intelligence.

Ultimately, it is the responsibilities of Men to set the rules, so Women are protected, because women can be easily be taken advantage of easily by unscrupulous men.

• Women are not as stupid as you think!  We don't wander around letting men take advantage of us! I really do think you have the wrong idea of most women in American society, who are, for the most part, very intelligent about men, and don't let them get the better of them.  I will readily admit that I don't know much about women in India.  I have never been there, and I've never had a close female friend from India.  So how could I know?  I just think you are not giving American women enough credit. We're not all wandering idiots.  I promise.  Hare Krishna.
This reply was deleted.