Will I be forgiven?

Hare Krishna Pr

Many times it so happens that I become very much disappointed because of problems going on life.

And I become angry on Krishna and feel that he should help and make things easy but he decides not to do it. Problem is

Question: Will Krishna ever forgive me because it happened many times. I decide to remain calm next time when I feel frustrated but it never works out.

I have many doubts in spiritual concepts like we can’t be without god. I feel we are not given chance to be happy. Without freedom, we can do very little of what we want to do. I can’t live life the way I want to. Without trying, I have to theoretically agree that I can’t be happy without god when I see that many materialistic people are actually happy and live life happily.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Those who you percieve as being happy, will very soon be sad and miserable. Nobody can avoid the three fold sufferings namely: Adi-diavic. Adi-atmic. Adi-bhutic, Even crorepatis and bollywood stars suffer from their sins, get sick, get divorced, get into accidents, lose their kids, and die untimely. You only have yourself to blame for your own deficiencies in life, simply because your present life is the result of your past life's deeds. So don't blame Krishna, blame yourself, Regards, Samrat.  

Ps. Your complimentary ebook is attached

As the secretary of Vedanta Vision Publications, I am authorized to distribute complimentary copies of our ebook = VRINDAVANA GUIDE-THE 21 MOST IMPORTANT TEMPLES & SHRINES = (pdf-3MB) This ebook contains 20 photos plus a map. If any Iskcon Desire Tree friends would like to receive a free copy, just send an email – SUBJECT:- Free Copy  – to my email (Das143101@gmail.com) and I will send your complimentary copy by return email.

Vrn 21 pdf file.pdf

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/2541145616?profile=original
    • thank you very much for the pdf...

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji!!!!!!

Nice reply by Rashmi Mataji.  Nothing much to say on this. Nobody happy in this temporary and material world. Better Serve the Vaishnav, Guru & Lord Krishna.

Hare Krishna

Your Humble Servant

Bhuwan Dutt Bawari

• This World may be a jail.  But who is in that Jail?

Prisoners and the Guards.

We are first prisoners, then we become enlightened and can be a guard.

The Guards and the Jail Staff are here in the Jail, too.  But they are FREE in the Jailhouse; carrying out their duties for the Administration.

So, take the KEY of Krishna Consciousness, and UNlock your jail-cell, and serve the Lord's Institution instead of being subjected to it's limits.

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

I will try to answer your other doubts now - Jiva is soul, part and parcel of the Supreme Lord. We are eternal like the lord. We (the soul) wanted to enjoy without God. That is the reason we were sent to this material world - God has created a place for us to enjoy - so much flora, fauna, beautiful places, nutritious food....everything. The jiva wants to enjoy so many things - thats why there are so many life forms - 84 lakhs to be precise. We are given the facility to be happy in this material world. But none of us are happy - why is that? Because we are in an artificial place - our real place is back in the spiritual world. Because of being in an artificial set up, and having forgotten our eternal relationship with the lord, and in most cases, not accepting the supremacy of the lord, we are suffering in this material world.

This world is actually a jail. Can anyone ever be happy in a jail? No na - thats why we are not happy.

Regarding freedom, we have limited freedom - we can choose our actions, the fruits of those actions are not in our hands. That much freedom the lord has given us. Just imagine what we have done with this limited freedom - we have "developed" so much - we have created high rises and high tensions, we have complicated our lives so much in the name of advancement.... You have already tried and are still unhappy prabhuji - you have to realise it, thats all.

People who appear to be happy - you have no idea what they are going through. On the suface, people look happy, but sit and talk to them or observe them and you realise that absolutely no one is happy. This world is designed to be such that no one ca be happy here - it is dukhalayam ashaswatam; anityam asukham lokam.

I hope I have been able to clarify somewhat. I am sure you will be havng some more queries, pls feel free to ask them whenever you are comfortable.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• hare krishna mataji.

Thank You very much for your answer.

I have few queries about what u said.

1. " This world is actually a jail. Can anyone ever be happy in a jail? No na - thats why we are not happy. "

If this world is jail then god can not be merciful. And what was out fault - we just had desire to go away from god. He is acting like dictator if this world is jail. Do as I say else suffer. Where is love? A loving father would give a fair chance to his child to check his beliefs/conceptions. 

2. "You have already tried and are still unhappy prabhuji - you have to realise it, thats all."

That trying was not even a fair 'try'. Very few lucky people in world get to try to live a life of choice. Now I always get answer you had bad karma so u dont have a life of your choice.

In any life, will I have freedom to have desired situations where I can fairly try to be happy and if not I ll accept that i cant be happy with out god. But why does he expect me  to understand when all is screwed up in life.

pardon me if I was offensive. 

Thanks,

yas

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

No you are not offensive at all. It is ok to ask - otherwise how will your doubts be cleared.

1) Regarding material world being jail - prabhu whenever a city is planned, a jail is also planned in them na? Does that mean that its unfair to put people in the jail. When someone is put in jail, isnt it good for the society as well as the person in the jail? Does that mean that the state is unfair?

How many jails we have seen (in movies) - isnt it stark and barren. THe jail the lord has given us is soooo beautiful - so much foodstuff, so many mountains, trees, waterfalls.... so much nature's beauty. Hasnt He given us a beautiful world - why did He do it? Because we wanted to enjoy the world. So he gave us a beautiful world to enjoy. THe problem is that we cannot enjoy here - this is an artificial place for us - our real place is with Him. Only example I can think of is of a child who wants to go to the park alone and play - the mother will either follow him unseen or send a maid with him. How long will the child enjoy without his mother? Will he not miss her (in the next 2 days, for example). At that time, whatever you give the child will not give him satisfaction, only mother's lap will give satisfaction. That same way, whatever we do to enjoy, there is something lacking - only and only Krsna's lotus feet will give us everlasting satisfaction and happiness.

2) I am coming to the karma part at all - how can you say its not a fair try. You had choices in front of you - you chose as per your circumstances or desires or combination of both and you are reaping the results of your choices. All the freedom is in this life itself prabhuji. Why are you getting into karma kanda - whether to have an ice cream or a coffee is a choice, you make that choice. How is Krsna responsible for your choice?

I hope I have been able to explain somewhat. Pls ask more questions, I know you have more to ask.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• Hare Krishna Prabhu,

Sharing a famous sloka from srimad Bagavatham. Hope it clarifies your doubt. Krishna is unlimitedly merciful and chaitanya mahaprabhu is more unlimitedly merciful,so they are ready to forgive at any point of time.Because we are his dear children.

SB 10.14.8

tat te ’nukampāṁ su-samīkṣamāṇo
     bhuñjāna evātma-kṛtaṁ vipākam
    hṛd-vāg-vapurbhir vidadhan namas te
     jīveta yo mukti-pade sa dāya-bhāk
    Word for word: 
    tat — therefore; te — Your; anukampām — compassion; su-samīkṣamāṇaḥ — earnestly hoping for; bhuñjānaḥ — enduring; eva — certainly; ātma-kṛtam — done by himself; vipākam — the fruitive results; hṛt — with his heart;vāk — words; vapurbhiḥ — and body; vidadhan — offering; namaḥ — obeisances; te — unto You; jīveta — lives;yaḥ — anyone who; mukti-pade — to the position of liberation; saḥ — he; dāya-bhāk — the rightful heir.
    Translation: 
    My dear Lord, one who earnestly waits for You to bestow Your causeless mercy upon him, all the while patiently suffering the reactions of his past misdeeds and offering You respectful obeisances with his heart, words and body, is surely eligible for liberation, for it has become his rightful claim.
    Purport: 

Śrīla Śrīdhara Svāmī explains in his commentary that just as a legitimate son has to simply remain alive to gain an inheritance from his father, one who simply remains alive in Kṛṣṇa consciousness, following the regulative principles of bhakti-yoga, automatically becomes eligible to receive the mercy of the Personality of Godhead. In other words, he will be promoted to the kingdom of God.

The word su-samīkṣamāṇa indicates that a devotee earnestly awaits the mercy of the Supreme Lord even while suffering the painful effects of previous sinful activities. Lord Kṛṣṇa explains in the Bhagavad-gītā that a devotee who fully surrenders unto Him is no longer liable to suffer the reactions of his previous karma. However, because in his mind a devotee may still maintain the remnants of his previous sinful mentality, the Lord removes the last vestiges of the enjoying spirit by giving His devotee punishments that may sometimes resemble sinful reactions. The purpose of the entire creation of God is to rectify the living entity’s tendency to enjoy without the Lord, and therefore the particular punishment given for a sinful activity is specifically designed to curtail the mentality that produced the activity. Although a devotee has surrendered to the Lord’s devotional service, until he is completely perfect in Kṛṣṇa consciousness he may maintain a slight inclination to enjoy the false happiness of this world. The Lord therefore creates a particular situation to eradicate this remaining enjoying spirit. This unhappiness suffered by a sincere devotee is not technically a karmic reaction; it is rather the Lord’s special mercy for inducing His devotee to completely let go of the material world and return home, back to Godhead.

A sincere devotee earnestly desires to go back to the Lord’s abode. Therefore he willingly accepts the Lord’s merciful punishment and continues offering respects and obeisances to the Lord with his heart, words and body. Such a bona fide servant of the Lord, considering all hardship a small price to pay for gaining the personal association of the Lord, certainly becomes a legitimate son of God, as indicated here by the words dāya-bhāk. Just as one cannot approach the sun without becoming fire, one cannot approach the supreme pure, Lord Kṛṣṇa, without undergoing a rigid purificatory process, which may appear like suffering but which is in fact a curative treatment administered by the personal hand of the Lord.

Hare Krishna.

All Glories to Srila Prabhupada.

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

To answer your first question first - that you get frustrated and then become angry on Krsna for all your problems, I have a suggestion. Please ask sincerely next time you face problems - "Krsna Why Me?" If you are sincere, you will get the answer. I know the answer, but I dont know how you will take it if I tell you, best is if you realise it yourself.

Regarding forgiving, Krsna is more forgiving than a mother, He can forgive us for anything and He has been fogiven us. That does not mean that we make it a habit to blame Him for everything. What we need to do is - next time you get angry and balme Krsna and later cool down, please repent from your heart. Try to stop the blame. Atleast do not say anything  -  let the angst stay in your heart. Gradually, control yourself.

You should chant your committed rounds everyday without fail and follow 4 regulative principles.

Regarding the other part, I will reply little later.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• cant overcome being angry at krishna if youve never been angry at krishna. It makes for good practice :P, and many of these seemingly happy people, are not actually truly happy. Outward appearances only

This reply was deleted.