WHy We Exist ? .. Actual Reason for Everything ???

With due respect.

Hare Krishna Prabhujis,
I have read couple of Srila Prabhupada's books like 'Beyond birth and death' and 'SSR', and at present reading Bhagavad Geeta. I have a question, which I would request to clarify.
Reason We are in this Material World - We somehow wanted to enjoy without God, so we became fallen souls.
Reason for this Material Creation - To attain self-realization and establish God consciousness and have firm faith that we are part and parcel for Krishna and we will not be happy without Krishna.
Krishna is the supreme all-mighty, master of all the creations(spiritual as well as material).
My QUESTION -
1. Why Krishna created so many part and parcels(souls) - If we say that anybody wants somebody to enjoy, similarly God also wants to enjoy - This reasoning seems very light weighted one, just for the sake of enjoyment Krishna created all this creation. There must be a different or higher cause which is the basis for everything?
2. What actually people does in spiritual world? - Again the reasoning of enjoyment comes into picture. Its undoubtedly true that Krishna is all pervading, all beautiful, all knowledge. But is the, attaining god conspicuousness and stopping the vicious circle of birth and death, the only reason for this unimaginable creation of countless universes, of so many Vishnu avataras, of so many demigods.

I get bewildered by such thoughts that this body will exist for some time then again new journey. Is this the only job God has - to maintain the creations and keep track of fallen souls, do leelaas with them??
Everything seems to be a bubble of illusion at present !!!

Sincerely request you to clear the darkness here.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Krishna is the causeless Supreme Personality of Godhead.

He is the original candle which has lit all other candles.

Om purnam adah purnam idam

SRI ISOPANISHAD
    Verse 1.
    om purnam adah purnam idam
    purnat purnam udacyate
    purnasya purnam adaya
    purnam evavasisyate

The Personality of Godhead is perfect and complete, and because He is completely perfect, all emanations from Him, such as this phenomenal world, are perfectly equipped as complete wholes. Whatever is produced of the complete whole is also complete in itself. Because He is the complete whole, even though so many complete units emanate from Him, He remains the complete balance.

Original translation by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

candle-animated-gif-4.gif

This one candle the original candle has lit unlimited candle emanations but is still perfect in itself and not diminished.

animated-candle-gif-22.gif

Krishna is called atmaramah -- self satisfied.

He is full in Himself yet He wants to enjoy.

Because He is unlimited He has created unlimited living entities with which to enjoy with.

The living entities are one of Krishna's unlimited energies or potencies..

they are called marginal meaning they  have a choice to be be under the influence of the superior spiritual energy

or inferior( because it is temporary) material nature.

We are like Krishna but we are tiny drops tiny sparks compared to the ocean the fire

We cannot enjoy separate from Krishna but we force Krishna to send us to the temporary material world

to attempt to enjoy independently.

We can't deny our own nature-- our nature is to enjoy it is called our dharma.

The dharma of sugar is sweetness

The dharma of water is wetness

Similarly the dharma of the living entity is ananda pleasure.

It  is the way it is.

But we cannot find ananda  in the material realm

Krishna is ever inviting the living entity to enjoy in relationship with Him

that's why he creates the material realm to give a chance for the living being to enjoy seperately out of love he creates this  illusory field of activity

but feeling responsible he sends messages to them to  awaken periodically

that's what Human life is for

a chance to get out

Please don't waste your precious human life

In the spiritual world the activities are similar the difference is Krishna is the center of every one..

• Also too we come hear to find out who we are what is Nature & Who is God & our place in the sceem of things' eternally!
  • #2 Rag-gee
    As I see it
    In my mind's eye
    A,-It's all His Kingdom
    Krishna is the maker of Heros!
    & as unconditional- faith in His absolute Savernty & (A)-karma, are the highest aims of our faith Acordinly He has sent us a Hero from the most heroic Sumpsdia
    To expadite the/our effishency in discovering our own propensatys while lerning the (Darma) Duty/prosess). & that is our pastime now?
    While Living Chant, & till dieing try to spred the Dinamic Atomic power of the holy names around.?
    We are pons etc.but Krishna's King. Hi's Solgers saints & angels.
    He has hread & acknowledged the eternal weeping of our souls & given us both- the way and the means to pruve-out all our intintions-
    rectify our understanding &
    Practice unmalested by our own offensive lerning pains/cerb. From-Vishnu Dahm) on down all are thr worlds are looking out, on some level to find' exzactly" Who is
    The Head God? & then we dance.?
  • Rag has the Mahnotheistic view understood quit nicly, Haray bollah
    Ji ji gee
    As i C it
    Compassion is the nature of Krishnas LOVE. Real liberation selfless liberty Krishna's loveing nature is like Family a parent dosen't forbid He addvises. & then He loves us through our choices. No other love is as selfless. This is My exp!
  • @ Dean Prabhu , You said in your last post that we Jivas are not doers of material activities.

So, if we Jivas are not doers of material activities , then who is ?

As far as i know (from what i've read in BG) , when our souls are contaminated by prakriti (material nature) then we do all sorts of immoral activities. So if that's the case, then it's us who are responsible for all the good and bad karmas. Right ?

But then , there's another belief among the vaishnavas and that is , while performing our day to day activities we should always think that it is God who's doing it and not us ... Like for example if we help the poor , we should never think that it's us who's doing the noble task , but should always think that it's God who's doing the job through us ... Now if God is really behind all our actions , then in my opinion , HE is also responsible for all the evil actions that are performed by humans like murder , robbery and so on.

So which one of these two beliefs is true ? Who's responsible for the good & bad karmas ? We the Jivas or God ?

• SB 11.22.12Nature exists originally as the equilibrium of the three material modes, which pertain only to nature, not to the transcendental spirit soul. These modes — goodness, passion and ignorance — are the effective causes of the creation, maintenance and destruction of this universe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SB 6.15.6The Supreme Personality of Godhead, the master and proprietor of everything, is certainly not interested in the temporary cosmic manifestation. Nonetheless, just as a boy at the beach creates something in which he is not interested, the Lord, keeping everything under His control, causes creation, maintenance and annihilation. He creates by engaging a father to beget a son, He maintains by engaging a government or king to see to the public’s welfare, and He annihilates through agents for killing, such as snakes. The agents for creation, maintenance and annihilation have no independent potency, but because of the spell of the illusory energy, one thinks himself the creator, maintainer and annihilator.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

That Absolute truth is hidden even for advanced speculators and yogis in religious cloths, therefore only those who are qualified enough can fully understand that knowledge.

• We can compere our life with a picture and we are into that picture. In order to understand the picture one must take a look from the outside. Maybe this is happening when our soul lives our body. On the other hand  there are a lot of pictures in the museum, and there are also a lot of museums. So all we can du is to imagine our self like smart philosopher,  scientist... or whatever façade You like, but You [ a person] have No chance to understand what is on the other pictures in the museum. To make things worse- there are a lot more museums.

• My question to Dean Prabhu ,

You think the Biblical God Yahweh and our Lord Brahma the same being ?

In the Genesis story of Bible, it was the Biblical God Yahweh who first created Adam and then he made him fall into a deep sleep , then God took one of Adam's ribs and created Eve out of that rib.

Similar thing can be found in your post -

SB 6.18.30In the beginning of creation, Lord Brahmā, the father of the living entities of the universe, saw that all the living entities were unattached. To increase population, he then created woman from the better half of man’s body, for woman’s behavior carries away a man’s mind.
    Would love to hear from you on this matter.
    • In many religions there is similar different stories.

The God is One, but it seems He is many. In different religions He has different names and forms.

In some religions Brahma, the creator, is adored as God, in some Shiva, in some Agni , the fire, in some Surya, the Sun, is adored as Supreme Person. The Lord accepts every ones mood.

• Yes Dean Prabhu, God is one but have many forms or expansions , but i was a little curious about this particular expansion of Vishnu known as Brahma. Our scriptures say that it's Karanadakashai Vishnu who creates innumerable universes , but it's not Vishnu's duty to create the suns , moons , planets, demi-gods or humans in each of these bubble like universes. That duty was handed down to Brahma , who is simply an expansion of Garbhodakashayi Vishnu.

Similar thing can be found in Bible Genesis story , that God (Yahweh) created the sun , moon and stars on the fourth day. And later HE created Adam and Eve. Now in my opinion , that's exactly what Brahma does right ? I mean Vishnu simply creates all the material universes but it's Brahma who populates each of these universes with suns, moons, planets and living beings. The reason i want to go into all the details is because i love researching and studying on such matters :)

This reply was deleted.