WHy We Exist ? .. Actual Reason for Everything ???

With due respect.

Hare Krishna Prabhujis,
I have read couple of Srila Prabhupada's books like 'Beyond birth and death' and 'SSR', and at present reading Bhagavad Geeta. I have a question, which I would request to clarify.
Reason We are in this Material World - We somehow wanted to enjoy without God, so we became fallen souls.
Reason for this Material Creation - To attain self-realization and establish God consciousness and have firm faith that we are part and parcel for Krishna and we will not be happy without Krishna.
Krishna is the supreme all-mighty, master of all the creations(spiritual as well as material).
My QUESTION -
1. Why Krishna created so many part and parcels(souls) - If we say that anybody wants somebody to enjoy, similarly God also wants to enjoy - This reasoning seems very light weighted one, just for the sake of enjoyment Krishna created all this creation. There must be a different or higher cause which is the basis for everything?
2. What actually people does in spiritual world? - Again the reasoning of enjoyment comes into picture. Its undoubtedly true that Krishna is all pervading, all beautiful, all knowledge. But is the, attaining god conspicuousness and stopping the vicious circle of birth and death, the only reason for this unimaginable creation of countless universes, of so many Vishnu avataras, of so many demigods.

I get bewildered by such thoughts that this body will exist for some time then again new journey. Is this the only job God has - to maintain the creations and keep track of fallen souls, do leelaas with them??
Everything seems to be a bubble of illusion at present !!!

Sincerely request you to clear the darkness here.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Atma or soul is never doer of material activities, being just observer in the body, therefore Sri Brahma knows that he is not the creator of the universe.

Sri Brahma is the rajo guna avatara, which means his body is a tool in the hands of Lord for creating the universe.

Three gunas are doers of every activity of the material nature, but because of the illusion Jiva think  to be the doer.

Generally speaking, creation is the job of rajo guna, sustaining is of the sattva, and destruction is of the tamo guna.

Sri Krishna, Jagat Guru, explained that very well to His father Nanda maharaj :

SB 10.24.22The causes of creation, maintenance and destruction are the three modes of nature — namely goodness, passion and ignorance. In particular, the mode of passion creates this universe and through sexual combination causes it to become full of variety.
          SB 10.24.23Impelled by the material mode of passion, the clouds pour down their rain everywhere, and by this rain all creatures gain their sustenance. What has the great Indra to do with this arrangement ?
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Its very interesting that some vaishnavas do not accept this teachings of  Lord Krishna by claiming to be mayavada philosophy. Thats because they dont understand transcendental knowledge, and Lord knows are they will be ever qualified to understand it correctly.
          Whatever Sri Krishna teach is accepted by celestials and rishis as ultimate truth, therefore every vaishnava need to understand that by avoiding to be offensive to Lord in the name of following tradition. 

SB 10.24.22
          Anticipating the possible objection that a livelihood based on cows certainly depends on Lord Indra, who supplies rain, Lord Kṛṣṇa here introduces a…
        • Neither Sri Brahma is creator, neither all jiva in the universe are doers of material activities, because soul is just observer in the body.

• This reply was deleted.
    • Hare Krishna Prabhu ji..

awesome explanation.. even my doubts cleared...

Hari Bol

• This reply was deleted.
    • Hare Krishna Prabhu,

Thank you so much for suggesting the book.

As I am below than a neophyte, I decided to complete Prabhupada's books first.

Along-with H.G.Radheshyam prabhu, Can you please suggest any book authored by H.G. Srila Prabhupada.

hare Krishna 

• Simply put, it is my understanding that God is Love. We are eternal creatures and Krishna expanded Himself in order to enjoy an exchange of love with us jiva souls for all eternity in total bliss and knowledge. I think that's pretty far out!

• To Clear our hearts of fear
    That our Krishna- monotheism will become popularized & we and Krishna's become famus & reaquanted & Hi's intintions are fullfield for the next 10,000 yearsLilas are Shared. Tought & tasted! ?
  • - The Lord didnt created souls, they always existed. This material world is created for the Lords pleasure.

When little Kid wants to play, sits down in the sand to make some temporary forms and shapes, but because the kid has  mistic powers, he himself enters into material sand as parts and particles to make all forms live, making all his playground more interesting.

All his mistic powers make all his playground so amazing that his personal eternal particles forget who they really are, by identifying with the sand. Anyway, without puting his mistic energy particles in the illusion, his creation woud not be interesting for him to play at all.

Later, because the Kid want to rest a bit from playing, he destroyes all his creation and withdraw his mistic presence from the sand, but the sand remains for next creation after waking up from his rest.

Anyway, we need to know that material human life is unreal like a dream :

SB 11.22.51An unintelligent man, failing to distinguish himself from material nature, thinks nature to be real. By contact with it he becomes completely bewildered and enters into the cycle of material existence.
    SB 11.22.52Made to wander because of his fruitive work, the conditioned soul, by contact with the mode of goodness, takes birth among the sages or demigods. By contact with the mode of passion he becomes a demon or human being, and by association with the mode of ignorance he takes birth as a ghost or in the animal kingdom.
    SB 11.22.53Just as one may imitate persons whom one sees dancing and singing, similarly the soul, although never the doer of material activities, becomes captivated by material intelligence and is thus forced to imitate its qualities.
    SB 11.22.54-55The soul’s material life, his experience of sense gratification, is actually false, O descendant of Daśārha, just like trees’ appearance of quivering when the trees are reflected in agitated water, or like the earth’s appearance of spinning due to one’s spinning his eyes around, or like the world of a fantasy or dream.
    SB 11.22.56For one who is meditating on sense gratification, material life, although lacking factual existence, does not go away, just as the unpleasant experiences of a dream do not.
    SB 11.22.57Therefore, O Uddhava, do not try to enjoy sense gratification with the material senses. See how illusion based on material dualities prevents one from realizing the self.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SB 10.40.23O Supreme Lord, the living entities in this world are bewildered by Your illusory energy. Becoming involved in the false concepts of “I” and “my,” they are forced to wander along the paths of fruitive work.
    SB 10.40.24I too am deluded in this way, O almighty Lord, foolishly thinking my body, children, home, wife, money and followers to be real, though they are actually as unreal as a dream.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

False indentification make jiva to think to be doer of material activities, but actually being just observer in the body.

The sense gratification is illusion of the material nature, therefore such enjoyment is compared with enjoyment in the night dream.

The real enjoyment or ananda of the soul is when in touch with the source, God. Such enjoy of the soul is real and transcendental, can not be explained with the words, as some teachers trying to do, because something transcendental is beyond underdstanding of material subtle inteligence, mind and words.

• This where all attachement and illusion started, therefore we souls didnt fall , we was put into such illusion by force . Thats the truth you wont hear from modern preachers, who claim desire for material enjoyment to be couse of the fall into illusion. They still dont understand that Lord is the cause of all causes.

We were pure, unattached and liberated, but now we are in illusion because Lord wanted to be so :

SB 6.18.30In the beginning of creation, Lord Brahmā, the father of the living entities of the universe, saw that all the living entities were unattached. To increase population, he then created woman from the better half of man’s body, for woman’s behavior carries away a man’s mind.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      SB 11.26.19-20One can never decide whose property the body actually is. Does it belong to one’s parents, who have given birth to it, to one’s wife, who gives it pleasure, or to one’s employer, who orders the body around? Is it the property of the funeral fire or of the dogs and jackals who may ultimately devour it? Is it the property of the indwelling soul, who partakes in its happiness and distress, or does the body belong to intimate friends who encourage and help it? Although a man never definitely ascertains the proprietor of the body, he becomes most attached to it. The material body is a polluted material form heading toward a lowly destination, yet when a man stares at the face of a woman he thinks, “What a good-looking lady! What a charming nose she’s got, and see her beautiful smile!”
      SB 11.26.21What difference is there between ordinary worms and persons who try to enjoy this material body composed of skin, flesh, blood, muscle, fat, marrow, bone, stool, urine and pus?
      SB 11.26.22Yet even one who theoretically understands the actual nature of the body should never associate with women or with men attached to women. After all, the contact of the senses with their objects inevitably agitates the mind.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All this material universe exist based on sexual attractions, thats why preaching of Sri Narada is always against entering family life which is base on illusion thinking, Im the man, you are the woman, lets enjoy according to religious principles.
      SB 3.31.38Just try to understand the mighty strength of My māyā in the shape of woman, who by the mere movement of her eyebrows can keep even the greatest conquerors of the world under her grip.
      SB 3.31.39One who aspires to reach the culmination of yoga and has realized his self by rendering service unto Me should never associate with an attractive woman, for such a woman is declared in the scripture to be the gateway to hell for the advancing devotee.
      SB 3.31.40The woman, created by the Lord, is the representation of māyā, and one who associates with such māyā by accepting services must certainly know that this is the way of death, just like a blind well covered with grass.
      SB 3.31.41A living entity who, as a result of attachment to a woman in his previous life, has been endowed with the form of a woman, foolishly looks upon māyā in the form of a man, her husband, as the bestower of wealth, progeny, house and other material assets.
      SB 3.31.42A woman, therefore, should consider her husband, her house and her children to be the arrangement of the external energy of the Lord for her death, just as the sweet singing of the hunter is death for the deer.
      /
      Its not only woman illusion for the man, its the man illusion for the woman as well, therefore vaishnavis should  have no bad feelings, because there is no discrimination when illusion is the subject.
This reply was deleted.