Why We Do Not Refer To Tulsi Ramayan ?

Hare Krsna ,

All Glories To Srila Prabhupada ,

I bought a very old book on Ram-Charit-Manas , i think this is the very best translation work of Tulsi Das in English ,

Details About The Book

ETERNAL RAMAYANA

THE

RAMAYANA OF TULSI DAS

Translated from the original hindi

By

F.S GROWSE B.C.S

M.A. , OXON ; CIE ;

Published In India in 1983 by

INTERPRINT

What i found reading first 60 pages is It have a Maayvadic

( Impersonal Tinge in It ) , so i think this can be the only reason we do not refer to it , nor Tulsi Ramyana is full of Glories Of Sri Ram ..

It declares boldly how all vedic scriptures sings the glories of Ram only ,the greatness of his name .

Tulsi Das gives impersonal tinge at many places , he says what is there in form of Ram , the name is so great . He bodly declares how all demigods ,the greatest Vaishnava Lord Siva chants this name and became immortal ..

Very few know Ram-charit-manas this name was given by Lord Siva to the book ,he dictated this to his wife Uma ..

it also mentions the reason behind Sati ending her life in sacrifice ..

Good points without maayavadic tinge must be accepted ..

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Hare Krishna

• Prabhu ji ..  if you really love Sri Ram , want to learn about Sri Ram , then read from the pure devotees of Sri Ramachandra , listen and watch the lectures by HH Radha Govinda Swami Maharaj on Ram Katha , he teaches every choupaya of Ramayan , listen to his disciple HG Lal Govinda Prabhu's Ram Katha ... and if you want to read then read the book edited by Goswami who comes in disciplic sucession of Goswami Tulsidas himself. The current Jagadguru of Tulsidas's sampradaya (Ramananda Sampradaya) is Jagadguru Rambhadracharya ji maharaj , his edition of RamCharita manas is most authentic one. I have personally read it . You will not find even 0.0001% smell of mayavada in Ram Charit manas if you read his books. Please try once . Read from vaishnavas , why you need to read from non vaishnavas . (this implies if you understand hindi , then only u will be able to read his book).

• Hare Krishna! PAMHO

very nice and in-depth research!

• Hare krishna Prabhu ji,

Hanuman Chalisa was also written by Tulsidas, that is also unauthorized?

This reply was deleted.