Is it really that hard to go vegan ?

Both Vegetarians and Vegans abstain themselves from consuming meat but Vegans in particular excludes dairy products from their diet like milk, cheese, yogurt and so on. Not only this but vegans avoid all sorts of animal products like wool, leather, silk etc. (anything that is derived from an animal are not used by vegans.) They do this out of compassion for the animals since it's a fact that animals are tortured to some extent in order to derive the items that i've mentioned above.

Many of us city folks are unaware of the fact that the poor cows are actually forced into milking booths without their consent as the milking machines do their job. It's like abusing their free will. I mean the cows can't even flee from those booths as they are trapped in there.

Would you like it if a doctor starts experimenting on you without your consent.

All i wanna say is that, if we hindoos / vaishnavas really care for other creatures ... if us devotees are really compassionate beings then we must never use animal products like milk, cheese, ghee, wool, leather etc. coz the poor creatures goes through a lot of harassment and pain, when these products are extracted from them.

Below are a couple of clips that shows how cows are kicked and punched in dairy farms , their tails being cut off and finally forced into milking booths without their consent ... If you ask me it's torture to the cows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNVHW_MqQHU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbdFOUbUZwQ

So my question to all vaishnavas, is it really that hard to go full-scale vegan ? Coz by being a vegan you are actually liberating these animals from all kinds of human torture. Just think about it.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 1st.ly to show demonic slides on a (KC) chanal is filthyness & disgraceful just see* Even God has enemies.
    Love is expressed as compassion
    As the the (one) Lover would have it for our own self sake, truth is' Krishna saying
    "Lament not for the living nor the dead
    as this is the cycle of all beings, & not worthy of lamentation in the end.
    BhakteeYoga is YOGA just straten your spine & respect TULASIE'S eternal greatness & goodness respectfully.
    Chanting & instructing properly is ISKCON's
    single task!
  • Cows are good...

cows.jpg

go-mata-750x563.png

k-and-cows.jpg

• I don't think you are understanding what I am saying. I completely agree with everything in that video. I think we should use animals to farm and everything else he said. I guess I am not a true vegan but a vegetarian that doesn't have a supply of milk that he feels comfortable drinking. I would drink milk if it was gathered from cows how it was in this video but the reality of where milk in the store comes from is much worse. I know milk is good for spiritual life but I also know that cruelty is bad for spiritual growth. When you put the milk over the cow and buy milk that was gathered in a factory where they torture and kill the cow then you put your stamp of approval on cow killing which Krsna would frown upon. The end does not justify the means. I think devotees should only drink milk that comes from compassionate sources and anything else is irresponsible and selfish. I too think cows are good which is why we should protect them.
      •  I understood Mr. Anthony but what I believe is that just as meat fish eggs are banned by the Lord and all the people involved namely consumer transporter and the executioner all are liable for punishment, the same is not applicable for milk. The consumer cannot be punished as milk is a legal drink certified by Krishna...;).we are all polluting krishnas environment what about that?? devotees should not even use vehicles. devotees should not even print books as trees are cut for paper 

• Punishment might not be the same for milk but why would you want to drink milk that was gathered by torturing one of God's creatures. This is what I'm trying to get at. We as devotees should be loving and go out of our way to avoid the suffering of others even if we won't get in trouble.
          • there is no punishment at all for drinking milk. you go ahead with that plz but you haven't answered by 2 questions at the end. humans animals trees are also gods creatures. they all get severely affected by pollution causing deadly diseases like cancer and others. then devotees should stop going by automobiles and choose horse carts bullock carts etc.. iskcon should stop publishing books as trees are cut for paper. what you say. devotees should be loving for all not only cows even cats dogs asses and other animals and trees

• I agree that we should try and cause as little harm as possible to the environment and all the creatures as well. I don't think it has been proven that car exhaust actually does any harm but I could very well be wrong about that. As far as publishing books there are ways to produce paper that don't involve the cutting of trees and books should always be printed to spread Krsna consciousness. Also I can see how the cutting of trees can sometimes be necessary such as for building a house but we should not overdo it and always respect the earth. Also just to be clear I didn't say there was punishment for drinking milk. I said even though there is no punishment why would you want to drink milk that was gathered by causing one of God's creatures to suffer? If the milk is gathered in a way that respects the animal then of course there is nothing wrong with drinking it. The companies that sell the milk need us and our money. If we all refused to drink the milk of suffering creatures they would have no choice but to change or they would make no money. When we but their product we are telling them the way they are treating the animals is ok.
              • ******I don't think it has been proven that car exhaust actually does any harm******

2545308505?profile=original

BECAUSE THIS IS A KC SITE I WILL REFRAIN FROM CHASTISING OR INSULTING. AND REST OF THE COMMENTS.......WELL FORGET IT!

• I would like to hear your thoughts on the rest of the comments.

Hare Krsna
  • There's no such thing as ahimsa milk. It does not exist. Cattle and livestock are the number one cause of deforestation and environmental damage. All cow milk products have no health benefits whatsoever. Full stop.
This reply was deleted.