Why to Worship deities ?

Hare Krishna to all devotees !!!

PAMHO !!!

AGTSP !!!

Deity worship is very important in our religion being the point connecting us to god.

But what I don't understand that why is a deity so important ?

Its a statue and not the real manifestation of god ?

All the other religions blaspheme deity worship claiming that ,there is always a creation and a creator.Like this entire universe and all the living entities in it are creation and Krishna is the creator. So if humans are creating a deity than by that logic that deity is a creation and humans are the creator.So what makes the deity worshipful ?

I have a very little knowledge about it.SO please forgive me If I have offended in any sense to any one.I would request all Prabhuji's and mataji's to throw some light on this servant of your.

Dasanudasanudas,

Shivang.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

because Devotees want to offer to Krishna food, flower, clothes, they want bath Him, sing for Him, dance for Him, read for Him...because of that Krishna comes to this world in that form which we are able to see Him.

While chanting and hearing we engage our ears and tongue in the service of Krishna but when we serve to Deities we engage all our senses in chanting. Deities are not different from   the Holy Names. We chant then we offer food to the Holy Names. 

------------------------

also it is very important for  Family devotees. Because they live at their houses and work in the materialistic places they have to control their timetables and their cleanliness standards. And when they serve to the Deities they are able some how or other to keep themselves clean and do everything on time.

------------------------------

Also when we serve to Deities we remove the impersonal consciousness and little bit understand that Krishna is a Person.

Your servant, 

• Sevak

Hare Krishna Rohit Singh Prabhu Ji. PAMHO. AGTSP.

For very advanced devotees deity worship is not required. Because they are constantly thinking of Krishna. But for new and aspiring devotees it is a must do. Remember that Atri Muni was a great brāhmaṇa sage and was advanced. Deity worship is one of the central components of bhakti yoga, or devotional service. A deity is a physical representation of the Supreme Lord in the form of a statue, a figure, or even a picture. Many of us hold on to and display pictures and posters of our loved ones or people that we admire. When viewing these pictures, we are immediately reminded of the person or people in them. We are reminded of the circumstances relating to the picture. We remember where we were, what we were doing, what our mindset was at the time, etc.
    In a similar fashion, viewing and worshipping the deity of Krishna immediately brings our mind into Krishna consciousness. We see the Lord’s beautiful form and we pay our respects directly to Him. God can take any form He wishes to. Sometimes he incarnates through the body of a fish, a boar, a man, or even simply through the sound vibration of His name, as He does in this age. The deity is another one of the forms He agrees to take for our benefit. When Lord Krishna personally appeared on this earth five thousand years ago, He gave explicit instructions to His dear friend Uddhava just prior to His returning back to the spiritual world. Similar instructions are also found throughout the Vedic texts, and through these instructions, authorized deity worship or archanam, has been followed since time immemorial. Lord Krishna is kind enough to give us the opportunity to always remember Him through His deity incarnation. Why not take advantage of this opportunity by worshipping Him? Home is where the heart is. Make Krishna the center of your home and your heart will be forever pure.

Hari Bol! 

• Volunteer

Hare krsna 

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada

Bhagavan Sri Krishna says this in Bhagavad Gita ( 12.5-9) :

·         "Those people  meditating the Brahman   (formless Brahman) , experience great difficulty because it  is very troublesome for the embodied Men to concentrate on the formless un-manifested Brahman .

·         But, to Krishna-bhaktas  who worship Me as `Personal God' , surrendering  all actions to Me ; setting Me as their supreme goal, and meditating on Me with single minded devotion ;  I give swift deliverance from this ocean of birth and death.

·         So,  fix your mind on Me, and establish your intelligence in Me alone. Then you will abide solely in Me. There is no doubt about it."

• Hare Krishna..

The best way  for us to maintain Krishna consciuosness is keeping a personal relationship with Krishna, which is easily possible by the worship of deity of Krishna,  

The below link explains it very nicely & neatly.

http://krishna.org/the-mystery-of-deity-worship/

-Your servant

The Mystery of Deity Worship
      The Deity worship process is Krishna's mercy for His devotees. Krishna agrees to appear in a form the devotees can see and serve with their material…
  • ALL GLORIES TO SRILA PRABHUPADA

The deities which are arch vigrah non different from krishna himself.Krishna has himself incarneted as , because of his immense mercy for all fallen souls .so that we can personally serve them. Also we can meditate on the lords form as these deities and get attached to the lord and become fixed in krishna consciousness.

The deities are krishna himself but if we consider them as mere stones then they are just stones for those persons.

these are the real manifestations of god and god accepts the service.

This reply was deleted.