Hare Krishna

All glories to Srila Prabhupada

I have a doubt. We all know that Lord Shiva and Hanuman are also great devotees of the
Supreme Lord Krishna. But I didn't hear any ISKCON devotee mentioning the name of Lord Shiva or Hanuman. In ISKCON temples, devotees mention Srila Prabhupada,Hari dasa Thakura, Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Thakura and many more. Why don't Lord Shiva and Hanuman, being great vaishnavas, don't deserve that?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• No No prabhu, I am not telling that Lord Shiva and Hanuman are also Gods. I am asking that why don't Lord Shiva and Hanuman are not mentioned in the ISKCON temples and all. We often hear the names of Hari Dasa Thakura,Srila Prabhupada, Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati and many more. But Lord Shiva and Hanuman are also great devotees of Lord Krishna. Why don't ISKCON mention them as devotees? Why mention only spiritual masters? If by mentioning Lord Krishna Himself is like watering the root, then why mentioning other vaishnavas? By mentioning Lord Krishna does not include Srila Prabhuda and other?

• Dear Shubham Prabhuji

Hare Krishna !

You have misunderstood Devaraj Prabhuji's question. His question is, if we consider Lord Shiva & Lord Hanuman as highly exalted Vaishnavas, then why don't we glorify their names like we glorify the names of bonafide devotees of our Sampraday such as, Srila Prabhupada, Hari dasa Thakura, Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Thakura...

Devraj Prabhuji is not saying that Lord Shiva & Lord Hanuman are equal to Lord Krishna in position.

Dear Devaraj Prabhuji,

Hare krishna,

Srila Prabhupada has always maintained Lord Shiva & Lord Hanumaaan as highly exalted Vaishnavas. But still the reason for them being not given same prominence like Srila Prabhupada, Hari dasa Thakura, Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Thakura...is that :

Lord Shiva besides being an exalted Vaishnava is also a very powerful demigod. Followers of Gaudiya Vaishnavism are expected to maintain fidelity towards Krishna like a chaste wife. A devotee is not supposed to harbor feelings of love towards other demigods. If they do so, it would be considered an infidelity.

Lord Hanuman, although an exalted Vaishnava is a staunch devotee of Lord Rama - who was an incarnation of Lord Krishna. Followers of Gaudiya Vaishnavism are expected to develop affection only towards the devotees who have association with their Ishtadeva i.e beloved deity, Lord Krishna.  

Besides these reasons, Gaudiya Vaishnavas have a tendency to always side with those devotees who completely align with their philosophy. There are many Vaishnava sects in India but we don't call 'Jay' for all Gurus of other Sampradays, although we may have respect for them. We call 'Jay' only of our Ishtadeva & Guru lineage. 

This reply was deleted.