Replies

• Hare Krishna

what is your Mission in Life , First if you Understand that then Next Question is how can u connect back to Godhead in this Kaliyug and get out of this Miseries .

Then the Answer is you have to slowly keep increasing your rounds from 1 , 8,16 and more  .

This is what i had learned from senior devotees , if any thin wrong correct me 

Hare Krishna 

• We chant 16 rounds a day without fail, if one day we can't because of circumstances we must make it up the next day.

This is one of the rules of discipleship for initiated disciples.

Why?

Because that's what Srila Prabhupada asks of us.

Why do we chant?

To revive our original Krishna consciousness

• Thanks Prabhuji.....very informative & useful.

_/\0_ Radhe!

• Volunteer

Dear Prabhuji,

Hare Krishna, dandvats. PAMHO, AGTSP. Your question is nice and one needs to understand what and why things are being done in Krishna consciousness. Radhe Prabhuji and Sagar Prabhuji have tried to explain on this which is good, I would like to add as below:

There are 16 syllables in the Maha Mantra and there are 108 beeds in one round of Japa (Mala) which represent the 108 dearest queens of Krishna of his 16,108 queens and when one chants on the beeds, one makes a prayer to Krishna through these queens that as you are blessed with the association of Krishna, please do bless us like that so as we too can get such association of Lord Sri Krishna. One round means 1,728 names and 16 rounds means 27,648 names. Now that's the average number of breaths an average healthy person takes in 24 hours, so for each breath one name, that way our life is devoted to Krishna and that way one can be blessed, if one needs more blessings then can chant more of the holy names. It was actually that one was to chant 64 rounds each day (which takes close to 8 hours) as one must try to chant 100 crores (1 billion) names in his life to be eligible to be with Krishna in Golok Vrindavan, but our founder Acharya Srila Prabhupada when he saw that in this age its not possible for us to do so that much, he reduced it to 32 rounds each day, still when devotees were complaining on it he said ok chant minimum 16 rounds no less (which takes around 2 hours), so its special mercy of Srila Prabhupada who has fixed minimum 16 rounds to be chanted daily preferably in early morning hours as that time is in mode of goodness. Lord Krishna who has given us 24 hours can we thank him by taking just close to 2 hours for him and thank him that way. chanting of the 16 rounds are minimum and not the maximum. Trust this helps. Gauranga, Radhe Radhe, Hari Bol! Hare Krishna. 

Your servant,

Rajesh

• Very nice prabhuji....Radhe Radhe

• Very amazing Prabhuji let krishna take good care of you hare krsna
    • Volunteer

Hare Krsna prabhu, what a fantastic explanation.

One question though - you mentioned each bead represents the 108 dearest queens of Krsna... I always thought they represented the Gopis (seeing as they have the highest and purest form of love for Krsna).

Of course they were all expansions of Srimati Radharani, so the details might not matter, but I just wanted to confirm. 

Your servant, 

• Volunteer

Dear Radhe Prabhuji,

Hare Krishna, dandvats. PAMHO, AGTSP. Thanks for your clarification that 108 represents the Gopis being the topmost devotees of Lord Sri Krishna, I stand corrected to that extent, can see the site for more clarification on 108, Gauranga, Radhe Radhe, Hari Bol! Hare Krishna.

http://www.swamij.com/108.htm

Your servant,

Rajesh

• Hare Krishna Prabhujis

Thank you for sharing this wonderful information. As someone who is new to chanting, this is most valuable. I have two questions please:

1. Is it absolutely necessary to chant on beads? I have seen people keep count on their fingers. Is there a special reason for the beads?

2.When a woman is having her monthly cycle, can she still chant on the beads?

Hare Krishna

• Volunteer

Dear Nadira Mataji,

Hare Krishna dandvats. PAMHO, AGTSP. Thanks for your issues, Srila Prabhupada and other Acharyas recommend chanting on beeds only and not on electric counter / on fingers as that's the procedure. After the first 16 rounds one can chant without beeds if one wishes.

Japa beeds are for self which should not be shared with other devotees, so I understand Mataji's  can chant when they are in their monthly cycle.  Gauranga, Radhe Radhe, Hari Bol! Hare Krishna.

Your servant,

Rajesh

This reply was deleted.