Why Lord descends only in India?

Lord said in Bhagvadgita that He will appear as the savior of religion and He descended only in India. In this context once I asked Jananivas prabhu in Mayapur why He appeared only in India is this because degradation of dharma only happened here? He replied Lord is the reservoir of supreme holiness so when He descends with all His parapharnalia He selects most sacred place for His activities i.e. bharatbarsha(India). Thats why Chaitanya mahaprabhu said, " bharat bhumite hoilo janma jahar, janma sarthak kori koro paropakar" one who takes birth in this holy place India he should act as philanthrophst which is nttbonly giving food or shelter but to elevate one from the cluthches of material entanglement , Krsna bhakti.Whereas outside India the religion has suffered most but Lord personally never appeared there but He sent His associates to deliver them. They are the messenger of God. It is said that one vaisnava could deliver a whole universe. Thats why Lord said the He is pleased when someone worships His own devotees.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What do you mean by "I am everywhere"?

• He only appears in India because you have projected that truth. But free from projections you will see "I am" everywhere.
  • if you only study indian culture; how can you not see that God only appears in India?

the world outside the microscope.

• does that mean you have seen the whole universe outside the microscope?

• ok now :) now I may appear like 'Gyan Dayyi Baba' but I had similar doubt and wanted to forward this question to senior prabhuji through a demon hearted friend of mine (who had (and still have) a habit of arguing with senior prabhujis)

but he shown the Gita transilation (after insulting me a bit) which says here Bharata is not said to mean India, it was just to address Arjuna.

And this is a common nature of Preachers (that's why I like them so much) when we approach them to ask some question which don't have much significance in our practice. they won't give one line answer rather will divert the matter and speak some thing from neophyte's scriptures (mostly NOI which is bible for we 3rd class devotees).
    What I want to say is ... it is not that Prabhuji didn't knew it, possibly he didn't gave the straight answer because it  would have stopped the conversation at that point of time with zero spiritual benefit.
    Tthey mostly give wrong answers (in scholarly point of view) but that is actually the answer which benefits us.

SYNONYMS BG 4.7

bhavati — become manifested; bhārataO descendant of Bharata; abhyutthānam — predominance; ...

TRANSLATION

Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion — at that time I descend Myself.

• "Hare Krishna dandvats, Mataji. Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada. I do hereby wish you all the best in Krishna consciousness. Gauranga, Radhe Radhe, Hari Bol! Hare Krishna."

• Volunteer

so nice! :D

This reply was deleted.