Replies

• Hare Krishna , Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to srila Prabhupada.  

In Bhagava gita at Chanpter 7, 16 th sloka Sri Krishna says as below.

catur-vidha bhajante mam
    janah sukrtino 'rjuna
    arto jijnasur artharthi
    jnani ca bharatarsabha

TRANSLATION

O best among the Bharatas [Arjuna], four kinds of pious men render devotional service unto Me--the distressed, the desirer of wealth, the inquisitive, and he who is searching for knowledge of the Absolute.

http://www.asitis.com/7/16.html

In my personal experience, I have noticed that I was realtively stress free while  attempting to become   Krishna conciousness .After some time   slowy I tend  to drift away very subtly.  As you know life throws different challanges at you and when I feel that I no longer able to face the adversaries, I tend to think about Sri krishna again and reattempt to become Krishna conciousness. Though I may not get relief from my distress immediately, I get some kind of coping strategy for my issues.

So the duration  of time in between the onset of my distress due to some problems of life and the relief I get after I reattempt to become Krishna conciousness is a very vital  step in my overall progress in Krishna conciousness.

I have also read in the " Teachings of Queen Kunti" where she prays to Sri Krishna to allways give distress so that she will not forget Krishna.

The other issue is as other prabhujis/matajis has suggested, one has to seek Sri Krishna sincerly like Prahalad Maharaj or completely /helplessly like Gajendra /Draupadi mata.

Gajendra was fighting to get rid of the crocodile by his own stregth for long time and when he realied that he no longer was able to save himself from crocodile, he started praying to Sri Krishna. As soon as he prayed , Sri Krishna has manifested and not only  saved the Gajendra but also delivered the crocodile.

So one way of looking at is that the duration /delay of the response we get from Sri Krishna is directly proportional to the devotion/faith we have in Sri Krishna.

Devotess please aplogise and correct me if I have intreprerted here anything wrong, this is from my own limited understnding.

Your servant

Kiran K Guditi

• Volunteer

Hare krsna

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada

thank u pr ji

your servant

vinay

• Hare Krishna prabhuji,

The answer to this question of yours is given by Krishna himself in Bhagawad Geeta 4.11 :

ye yathä mäm prapadyante täms tathaiva bhajämy aham
    mama vartmänuvartante manushyäh pärtha sarvashah.

TRANSLATION
    As all surrender unto Me, I reward them accordingly. Everyone follows My path in all respects, O son of Prithä.

So as you have urge to get Krishna's lotus feet ,krishna behaves accordingly. If you think Krishna is not reciprocating you then there might be shortcoming in your own efforts. And this shloka also shows that Krishna is always eager to help and deliver us but we are not completely surrendering unto His Lotus feet.

So chant Hare Krishna and be happy

your servant

Ashish Sharma

• Volunteer

To make us realize His importance and also to purify us. Now the purification process is something that is not same for every one. unless we are pure, we can not realize the reciprocation of Lord and we feel that Lord is not reciprocating. However, we must understand that he is always guiding us always at every moment throw the paramaatma present in us. Its very easy for us to put blame on Krishna that he is not reciprocating to our prayers. But we never try to introspect why he is not doing so... HH Radhanath Swami was telling in one of the lectures that when something wrong happens in our life, a devotee should think that its because of my karma and Krishna out of his mercy has reduced the reaction to so minimal, on the other hand when something good happens, a devotee should think see the mercy of Guru and Krishna that even though I don't deserve this good thing to happen but they have done this to me.

When Draupadi was being stripped in the assembly of hastinaapur, her husbands and other relatives could not help her, her own intelligence and strength could not save her, and then she remembered of Krishna and started calling his names holding her sari. When this was happening, Krishna was with Rukumani playing chess. Rukmuni says Krishna that Draupadi is calling for help and he has to go. Then Krishna says, see she is trying to help herself by holding her sari, why should I go now? Draupadi latter realizes that she can not do any thing and lets go both of her hands raised up in air and calls our Keshava!!!! and immediately Krishna supplies unlimited length of sari.

Now, Draupadi can also go on complaining Krishna that he did not respond to her call immediately. But she did not do that. That should be our attitude. we are trying to serve Krishna. That makes us his servants and as Sri Chaitnya mahaprabhu says, the eternal position of jeeva/soul is to be servant of servant of servant of Krishna's devotees. A servant's duty is to wait for orders rather than demanding for something from our Master.

• its very clear in Kunti's prayer to lord krishna where she reminds him that if he leaves who will give us

the right amount of pain at right time to know what is good and bad.....and thus this way, krishna first removes our internal karmic filth and then gives whatever we deserve (not desire)!!!

• Hare Krishna!

How to know what we deserve?

Thanks

Dheeraj

• Hare Krsna,

Just imagine when you were in your neonatal stage or until 12 years of age. Did we know what we deserve ? We were under the shelter of our parents for our needs. They chose whatever is the best for us.

In Krsna Consciousness also, we are taught to become like that child who depends on the parents.

Your servant.....

• prabhupad once said"if we take one step towaards krishna....krishna takes 10 steps towards you" by this note...krishna always reciprocates....it is the problem with us that we are not able to recognize it immediately....

your servant

suraj

prabhupad ki jai!

This reply was deleted.