Replies

• Because without control you're gonna crash!

• Hare Krishna! Dandavat Pranam!

The other way of looking at it is - "Train" the mind to go for higher taste in addition to just controlling it from experiencing lower taste.

Bg 2.59 — Though the embodied soul may be restricted from sense enjoyment, the taste for sense objects remains. But, ceasing such engagements by experiencing a higher taste, he is fixed in consciousness.

Sarvam Sri Krishnaarpanamatu!

Bg 2.59
    Unless one is transcendentally situated, it is not possible to cease from sense enjoyment. The process of restriction from sense enjoyment by rules a…
  • E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Mind has to controlled for material benefits also prabhu. Dont you have to control mind to study before exams? Doesnt everything become most attractive just when we are studying - TV, movices, outings with friends, even relatives we wouldnt want to visit normally... so to pass a mere exam, we have to do the austerity to control mind, then what to speak of trying to achieve the highest thing - beyond the material world.

Mind is a part of the subtle body, yes. We are not wishing it away, we are simply controlling it, so that intelligence can rule over the mind, it can be dovetailed in the service of the lord, and mind and intelligence follow the soul, back to Godhead.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krishna Mataji,

Controlling mind as for spiritual and material needs are two different things. We control our mind for material benefits like clearing exams, good health etc. but when it comes to spiritual thing the mind has 

to be given a chance to explore the reality in my opinion. I believe that we are training our mind and senses

to be overdependent on external factors we are losing sense of independence and freedom of expression. We

have engrossed our self so much into scriptures and philosophy that we have forgot to live. We are completely driven by fear factor that conditioning that ' if we do not do this the result will be this'. I believe we shouldn't be too harsh on our self and mix up spirituality and material activities. We will not be better than a programmed machines. I still don't understand why we need so much self torture and detachment from everything to move close to the lord who is within us. Everyone is not on a same platform due to many reasons. People find relaxation in different activities like TV, Outings and sports etc. and we really need some break to rejunevate until and unless it is harmful. In my opinion one should really listen to the heart and say 'do we really want to do this to be happy forever' and tricky part here is to know whether we are speaking to the heart or the mind. All replies without getting offended are welcome.

YS

Aakash

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna PRabhuji,

PAMHO.

Controlling the mind for material things is easy, because the results are visible immediately. For spiritual matters, it becomes difficult because one may have a doubt - who knows?

I have said this before also and now again I am saying, spirituality should not be a burden prabhu. We enjoy every moment of our life in spirituality. In fact, our life should be such that we take to Krsna Consciousness naturally, there should be no force. Then only we have imbibed. 

From where you are getting these ideas of torturing yourself - this is Krsna Consciousness, Bhakti Yoga, not Hata yoga. We dont force, we dovetail and develop higher taste. That is not to say that someone who is fond of drinking tea will continue to drink tea until a divine force comes one day and rids him of the habit. That will never happen. 

The 4 regulative principles have to be followed. The rest, adopt one at a time, as per your speed. Do it with happiness. Have you read how happy and playful Krsna is in Vrindavan. How happy His friends are with Him, that is our position prabhu. It is no exam where we will be beaten up if we make one mistake. The more you adopt with joy, the more happiness it will give you, and the more happy it will make Krsna. You will get mercy and happiness at the same time. 

Pls be happy in Krsna Consciousness prabhu.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

This reply was deleted.