Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Ram Hare Ram Ram Ram Hare Hare

and not

Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Krishna Hare Krishna

Ram Ram Hare Hare Hare Ram Hare Ram

or

Hare Ram Hare Ram Ram Ram Hare Hare

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

What is the secret behind it (1st one) ? All 3 form of mantra above simply mean same, I guess? 

Why is Maha Mantra the way it is?

Please tell me significance of Mahamantra?

And also do we have any mantra which gives instant results (which my senses could see or judge)?

Thanking You

-Parvesh Taneja

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Instant faith will give instant results. Are you able to put unflinching faith instantly? If yes, you will get perceivable results immediately. It is a factor of something within us - we dont need to go outside.

When a doctor prescribes you any medicine and says - you have to take 2 tsp of this syrup twice a day for the next 5 days, 15 min before food; do you ask, what if I take 5 min before food, what if I take 1 tsp only, what if I take for 2 days only? Pls give me a medicine whihc will give instant results - half a tea spoon taken after food the first time itself should give results. 

Your question is like that.

Mahamantra - the significance is that hippies who were high on drugs like LSD, chanted and became happies, pure devotees without going through any de addiction. THe benefits of the mahamantra can be understood by one who chants. Like they say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Unless you eat the pudding, simply talking about it will not benefit you. If mahamantra did not have any effect, why people chant all their life? 

Dont worry, chant Hare Krsna and Be Happy.

Haribol,

YOur servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Thanks for answering my question.

By instant result I meant that there are many Buddhist monks, Aghori Sadhus (ascetic Shaiva Sadhus) who chant some mantras and start flying or walking on water and do things which normal human beings can't do.

Is there anyone in Iskcon who posses power like those mentioned above.

I know they didn't got those powers instantly (It takes very long time) but they can use those powers instantly.

Just they chant their magic spell (Mantra) and boom next second they are flying in air.

In fact across India many stories are famous about Black Magic (Powers & Instant results of it on humans).

• E-Counselor

Hare KRsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Again I will explain with the help of an example - if someone is standing in front of you with the Kohinoor diamond, and you know that the diamond can be yours if you work for it, you want to settle for Rs. 100 because it is relatively more instant to get Rs. 100. How intelligent is that? 

Getting sidhis is relatively easier because it is very much on the material platform. Even assuming you get some sidhi in this lifetime, it will last only till this life. What about next life - again you have to start from abcd... how smart is that? Would you not rather invest in something that may take time, but will give more lasting results. I would.

Srila Prabhupada would say that there is nothing called instant nirvana - this is not instant coffee or instant noodles - ready in two minutes. The negative effects of instant food is also being publicly denounced nowadays and people are encouraged to cook the way their grandmothers did for better health. 

To give you a flavour of instant results, I recommend you chant a minimum of 4 rounds of mahamantra everyday, beginning today, for the next 12 months. It will take half an hour of your time daily. This has to be done daily, without any gaps. You have to concentrate while chanting, hearing your own voice say the mahamantra. Can you do that? Pls do taht, come back and tell us after 6 - 12 months what is your experience. I have that much faith in the mahamantra that I can challenge it will change you, your outlook towards life and your attitude towards sadhana. All for the better.

Not at all saying that you are a bad person prabhuji, just saying that you will experience the magic of the mahamantra if you can do this much also.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• The maha mantra connects us with God and makes us truly happy and fulfilled forever. You are asking for some silly tricks like flying and walking on water, materialistic powers which can never make you or anyone truly happy.

If you want silly powers, chant different mantras. Go someplace else. But if you want your life to be perfect, chant Hare Krishna and see for yourself what instant results you notice.
This reply was deleted.