Replies

• Like all humans devotees also are suffering, don't generalize it.but devotees are cool to all circumstances and only they can be like it as they have a hope! But others don't have it.
  • It is because before they became devotees  the seeds of stress and negativity had been sown and had damaged the body.

When they become devotees all the seeds had ripened 

• Mataji pranaam,

Devotees also like all human beings suffer in this material world. The amount of suffering which a devotee undergoes, depends a lot on wrongdoings in his/her past life.

My mother , who was a devotee of God, suffered and died due to breast cancer.
  • E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

The lord's ways are mysterious. We are not the ones to understand His ways. Devotees are even known to leave their bodies in accidents. A devotee, if in pure devotional stage, is not bothered whether this disease or not - he/ she is imply immersed in the lord's devotion. Therefore, the devotee even uses this pain to progress in spiritual life.

If you read the scriptures, which devotee is there who did not have to suffer, often unthinkable pain. Eg - Devaki - she was in jail for 25 years of her married life. She saw 6 new born babies killed in front of her eyes, by her own blood. She never saw the lord's childhood. Isnt that pain more than cancer? Yashoda saw the lord's childhood, but the lord never went back to meet her, once He left Vrindavan. Prahlad, Meera - any devotee you study has undergone more than normal share of pain.

You can also think of it like this - this world is dukhalayam ashashwatam - nobody can be happy in this world. Every single body has to undergo birth, death, old age and disease.

I hope I have been able to clarify.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

This reply was deleted.