Replies

• hare krishna!

perhaps one way to answer your query could be to see the vast difference between the material world and the spiritual.

in the spiritual world, Srila Prabhupada says, "there is absence of envy, jealousy an duplicity".

everyone here is prone to disobey God.. but when they do, they get their 'just desserts' i.e. their fair karmic reaction - never a mistake there.   But in the spiritual world, everyone wants to cooperate with and fully please God.  So it must be expected that man, in the material world, will try to transgress the laws of Nature and of GOd.  Therefore He repeatedly comes and speaks the msg of the Gita in each universe again and again, at least once in every day of Brahma (i.e. every kalpa, on it 28 divya yuga cycle)

the nectar of devotion also analyzes love of God deeply - there we can find that envy is the exact opposite of the definitino of love - and therefore meat eating is a crime of enviousness.   we tell the animal, get out of your body because i want to enjoy it for a few seconds on my 2.5 inches long tongue.   but the animal naturally also wants its own body for the purpose of its god-given right to enjoy.  Enjoyment is the basic pricniple of conscoiucess, either in the material world or spiritual... buttttttttt

in the spoiritual world, all jivas enjoy by deeply lovnig cooperation with God for His divine pleasuare.  However in this morbid material world, we all want to make ourselves (our tongues, bellies, and genitals - see nectar of instruction's 11 verses on www.vedabase.net - the first verse) either personally, or extendedly (my family, my community/country etc) the centre of enjoyment.  Thus there is conflict - limited resources, and unlimited desires.

But in the spiritual world, there are unlimited resources, and everyone cooperates lovingly to use whatever for God's pleasure, not for their own.

Another aspect to reply to the question would be the very first lesson of the Gita - the fact that 'we are not these bodies' and therefore.... Krishna tells Arjuna, no living being is born and none ever die.. alll are eternal.. Only thing is that while we are in the material world we keep on changing bodies, but those in the spiritual world do not 'have' bodies... their very souls have divine, spiritual, eternal forms, and so they never have to change bodies... It is a big illusion (maya) that makes us think we or others are being born and killed..  

As the lord tells arjuna (i think in the 3rd chapter) - "the intricacies of action and reaction are very hard to understand"  - we are all deeply entangled in karma coming back to us from so many previous lives, yet our minute freedom we further misuse to entangle us in new karmic reactions.. it is a web of entanglement...  only bhakti can easily save us - the LORD becomes our deliverer if we just surrender and start acting like His eternal servants, which factually we are, but have forgotten....

In case you haven't yet read all of srila prabhupada's masterpiece The Bhagavad Gita As It Is, please do read it - focus on studying the first 30 pages (Introduction) several times over, then the whole picture will become very clear in your mind and i am sure you will have a fully satisfying answer to your wonderful questioin.  (In case it may be helpful to you, pls try using these notes which summarise that Introduction essay by Srila Prabhupada, which is a real masterpiece! - www.gitaintronotes.on.to

of, ithat may prove too heavy, then pls read the Science of Self Realization

Haribol!! go mata ki.... jaya!  Srila Prabhupada ki... jaya!

yr servant

in service of sri guru and sri gauranga,

dina

• Jai Shri Krishna..

The persons indulging in killing cows are being punished.  Karma  takes care of that.

It's sad to see people who supposed to protect the good are killing them..  When adharma becomes so intolerable Krishna comes and annihilate the immoral.

Chapter 4. Transcendental Knowledge (Bhagawad Gita As It Is) 

TEXT 7

yada yada hi dharmasya 
    glanir bhavati bharata 
    abhyutthanam adharmasya 
    tadatmanam srjamy aham

TRANSLATION

bump.gifWhenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion--at that time I descend Myself.

TEXT 8

paritranaya sadhunam 
    vinasaya ca duskrtam 
    dharma-samsthapanarthaya 
    sambhavami yuge yuge

TRANSLATION

bump.gifIn order to deliver the pious and to annihilate the miscreants, as well as to reestablish the principles of religion, I advent Myself millennium after millennium.

Please read the following: Chapter 16. The Divine And Demoniac Natures

2531253204?profile=original

This reply was deleted.