Caitanya Mahaprabhu wrote:"namnam akari bahudha nija-sarva-shaktistatrarpita niyamitah smarane na kalahetadrishi tava kripa bhagavan mamapidurdaivam idrisham ihajani nanuragahaO my Lord, Your holy name alone can render all benediction to living beings, and thus You have hundreds and millions of names like Krishna and Govinda. In these transcendental names You have invested all Your transcendental energies. There are not even hard and fast rules for chanting these names. O my Lord, out of kindness You enable us to easily approach You by Your holy names, but I am so unfortunate that I have no attraction for them."Why do we have no attraction to the holy names?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Because the living beings are pacels of the Lord, they all have natural attraction for the Lord.

That attraction can be waken in the association of someone who is already attracted.

• E-Counselor

In the last line of the translation--" but I am so unfortunate........"-- itself indicates that we are the conditioned soul who are unfortunates by so many conditions. We are allured by the gimmicks of the Illusory energy of Krishna. Maya trick us in every steps of our activities. One person can not sit idle for one moment even. Either he has to serve Krishna or to His illusory energy. When one is too much addicted with so many sinful activities, the Holy name of Krishna never uttered to his mouth. 

From Nectar of Devotion.

"atah sri-krishna-namadi,

na bhaved grahyam indriyaih

sevanmukheh hi jihvadau

svayam eva sphuraty adah"

BRS 1.2--234

"Therefore materialistic senses cannot appreciate Krishna's Holy name, form ,qualities and pastimes. When a conditioned soul is awakened to Krishna consciousness and render service by using his tongue to chant the Lord's Holy name and taste the remnants of the Lord's food, the tongue is purified, and one gradually comes to understand who Krishna really is."

So, we have to purify our senses through prasadam of the Lord only, then we can eradicate our past sinful karma. Then only we will  have taste for chanting. 

Thank you, 

Hare Krishna!

• Hare Krishna
      PAMHO

How can we know if Krishna accepts our offering and converts it to prasadam?
      • Volunteer

we offer it to Prabhupada and he offers it to Krishna.

When a pure devotee offers to the Lord, He accepts it.

Prabhupada instructed to add a Tulasi leaf to every plate/or utensil, in which offerings are served to Krishna.

This ensures that Krishna accepts it. Tulasi is a pure devotee and therefore, when offered by her, He instantly accepts it. An advanced Vaishnava from Shree Sampradaya said, that, as soon as the Tulasi leaf is added to the food, it becomes Prasadam, as Lord instatly accepts it, even before we request Him to accept it. Thats the power of Tulasi Devi.

This reply was deleted.