Why did we rebel?

Hare Krishna!
PAMHO
AGTSP
My question today is that the spiritual world is such a perfect place with 100% happiness and no sorrow at all. Then why did we ever think of rebelling against Krishna in such a pure atmosphere of spiritual world?. Looking forward to your enlightening response.
Your Servant,
Avinash G.
Jai Shree Krishna.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna Prabhu,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fjTLm4gJdQ

watch these vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzaHJ1V_R-c

Free will is never taken away by Lord Krishna. You will have free will you can fall anytime back. Not only rebelling against krishna rebelling against devotees of Krsna also Krsna wouldn't pardon and as soon as you do vaishnava apradh in spiritual world you are thrown back. Jaya Vijaya such exalted personalities who are dwar pals' of Vaikunta they are permant residents fell down just becoz they committed aparadh against the lotus feet of  Sanat kumaras. Ofcourse that is a part of leela of Lord. They came to earth to take part in the leela of Lord being villans against Lord and go back to Spiritual world faster. But That is how it is.. even In spiritual world. If we try to use the independence given by Lord we can fall again. But of course as we are already dear most devotees of Lord. Lord will also help us to get back to the Spiritual world back sooner. See Lord gave option for Jaya Vijaya if they want to be villans against Lord for 3 janams or if they want to be devotees of Lord for 6 life times.. the choice is left again to them. Lord wont interfere in ur choices ( as you have ur free will even there)  Jaya Vijaya chose to be villans against Lord and complete the suffering for just 3 life times and get back sooner. Lord gave them mukti in each life time by slaying them isn't it ( Hiranyaksha- Hirananyakashyapa, Ravaana- Kumabhakarna, Shishupala - Danta vaktra).  This is how Lord was merciful to them and gave them mukti..

See, even dying in the hands of Lord is a great thing.  Look,  Jayadhrata tried to attack Mathura  so many times.. Lord Krishna spared his life every time and postpones his death  was Lord not capable of killing him?? Lord Krishna if He wants to kill its just a matter of seconds. or even less. not even takes time enough for opening and closing the eye lids.. But Lord spared his life so many times gives  Jayadratha chances why?? because Jayadratha's death is not in Krishna's hands. So  many demons came to attack Krishna and all died at the hands of Krishna? So, to be able to die at the hands of Lord is also HIS grace. And see How Lord shows his mercy to His beloved devotees who already have attained Spiritual abode ,,, in case they fall by doing something against Krishna ( misusing the free will of Lord)  ... LORD Krishna HIMSELF will give a helping hand to get those fallen people back to HIS abode. He will see that they get back. That is the mercy of Lord .. That is why Lord Says in BG--

न तद्भासयते सूर्यो न शशाङ्को न पावक: |
    यद्गत्वा न निवर्तन्ते तद्धाम परमं मम || ( 15.6 verse BG)

That abode of Mine is not illumined by the sun or moon, nor by electricity. One who reaches it never returns to this material world.

That means Lord is always incharge of those who already attained the abode if they by chance fall due to misusing free will.  Lord will personally take care to get them back somehow. Once you gone there there is no returning back.  We are all fallen souls from that spiritual abode but as we once came in contact with the material nature ( maya ) is so alluring that we don't want to go back again. Lord wont interfere now in ur choices until you urself realize ur mistake and go back. Ofcourse, Lord sitting in ur heart is always guiding you to take the right path. But to take the advice of Lord or not to take is upto you.

As Jaya Vijaya were already belonging to that Spiritual abode they chose to be villans against Lord and begged Lord to show mercy on them and pleaded to.. Lord, to slays them and gives them mukti 3 life times .. The merciful Lord granted it. 

Now, we did aparadh mis-using the free will but we don't even realized that we did aparadh.  Like jaya vijaya immidiately seeked shelter of Lord and begged Lord. Instead we tried to behave head strong. so, we are now here and once here we are caught into maya trap. Now it is so difficult to get back again so much difficult, that we totally now forgot that we belong one time to that Highest abode. So many life times we have been here only, shamelessly.. so we totally forgot our way back home.

Remember, how Sridhama also, fell down to mortal word upon cursing Shrimati Radharani ( missuing his freewill did this apradha against the Shrimati Radharani) to become a demon Shankhachuda. But see the mercy of Lord that He got killed by Lord Himself. That is how Lord is merciful to those who tried to fall off from such exalted positions by using free will. But ofcourse those exalted devotees who fell down immediately realized their mistakes and seeked shelter and Lord gave them abhayam saying that Do not fear, I shall get you back as a part of leela you will be coming with me. But for us, hopeless souls we didn't seek shelter immediately and ask forgivenes. so, now after so many life times we are coming back to human birth even in human birth  many of us are not still yet surrendering to Lord totally. That is why we are here still, and  funniest part is.., :-) in the meantime we totally forgot from where we came from also.  Hey MahaMaya,  pls. spare us atleast now.

Hare Krishna.

• Hare Krishna Prabhu ji!

PAMHO

Great Question! Let's start with an example- there is a child who get everything he wants or needs from his mother. Even though everything is nice but suddenly he wants to have his own house and be the master. So, his mother gets him a few toys and he plays 'ghar ghar' even though his true happiness is with his mother, he still wants to be the master. the same way when the soul wants to be the master, Krishna let's him come to this world to be a temporary fake master. So just like the child got everything he needed, even we got everything we needed but the desire to be masters got us here

Hope it answers your question prabhu ji!

Hare Krishna!

• Hare Krishna Mataji.

It answers my question to some extent, but I am still not able to understand why in such a pure atmosphere, the thought of rebellion came into our minds where there is no influence of the three modes of material nature.

Your Servant,

Avinash G.

Jai Shree Krishna!

• ok... Prabhu ji, Many materialistic people would choose to be god rather than his servants. Likewise, the soul had the want of proprietorship which blinnded it. In fact in the story of the 3 temptations of jesus, the last temptation given by satan is that "why be a subordinate in heaven when you can be a king on earth?" though jesus didn't get caught in that, us souls did, and the feeling of proprietorship blinded us and we couldn't see the truth

Hare Krishna! ( I'm really sorry if you still don't understand, I'm not so great at explaining things)

• Hare Krishna Mataji,

Thanks for your enlightening response. You have explained very well mataji and please dont feel that you're incapable of explaining properly. It has cleared my doubts. My only complaint is that this maya doesn't have pity and is not leaving us.

Your Servant,

Avinash G.

Jai Shree Krishna!

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

I have been reading this discussion thread. Was not giving reply because I was enjoying Pranavi's sincere replies.

Krsna mentions in Gita - daivi hyeasa gunamayi mama maya duratyaya......

This maya belongs to Me. Mayadevi has been directed by Krsna to hold people like me in the material world. Ir is her work to do the bidding of the lord with full sincerity and she is doing so. She is Durga, incharge of this Durg, fort, called material world. 

This is explained by a story - a monkey puts his hand in a hole in the tree, make a fist of that hand (maybe holding something) and tries to take out the fist. He is unable to, despite all efforts. All he has todo is to release the fist, LET GO. He doesnt understand that and therefore he unable to take hishand out fo the tree and suffers. 

Same is the case iwth us. Internally we still want to enjoy this material world, live on our terms, want everyone around us to serve us, take care of us and our each and every desire. THat isthe reason for our suffering. 

We will leave this material world when we qualify. We will qualify when we pass the exams that mayadevi puts us through. We will pass the exam when we develop disgust for this world and severe attachment for the lotus feet of the lord.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krishna Mataji,

Your response is awesome. Loved it. Thanks. Krishna ki jai.

Your Servant,

Avinash G.

Jai Shree Krishna!

• Hare Krishna Prabhu ji!

this might help!

माया के खिलाफ युद्ध की घोषणा || War Against Maya || HG Amogh Lila P...

and Gayatri Mataji is right, when we make a decision to leave maya and surrender to krishna for help, Maya will stop haunting us!

Hare Krishna

• Hare Krishna Mataji,

I love your sincere efforts to solve my query mataji. You have done a great job in solving my doubt. In any case, it doesnt matter why we rebelled, all that matters is that now we have to return to our original eternal happy home in Golok Vrindavan.

Your Servant,

Avinash G.

Jai Shree Krishna!

• Hare Krishna,

You are holding maya. It is you who has to leave. Maya wont leave unless you make a strong decision to leave it. Its all in ur mind. 

Maya will not leave you until you hold the Lotus feet of Sri Krishna and say sorry and surrender to Him totally. That is her job to make you fall into her trap. Srila Prabhupada once said..

http://www.prabhupadaconnect.com/Mayas-Business-Is-to-Punish-the-Ra...

read this article.

Hare Krishna.

Maya's Business Is to Punish the Rascals
            Maya's Business Is to Punish the Rascals
This reply was deleted.