Volunteer

Hare krsna

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada

I have a question about Demi Gods. Why and how should we worship the Demi Gods? Are all demigods Pure Unalloyed Devotees of Krishna?

It is like this that when a devotee acquires certain amount of merit and has a worldly desire He according to His merit & desire is given a post of one of the demigods.

Say for example we are all practicing devotees. we are not pure but walking on the path of bhakti to become pure. In such a condition when we leave our body with certain desires and since we have followed the path of Bhakti based on these two factors that lord assigns a role to us as an demigod so that we are able to fulfill that desire of ours. 

The material world will continue to exit till there is even tinch of  desires in us. Kinds of desires kinds of lokas to enjoy, kinds of body for such desires to be fulfilled. Birth old age disease and fear of death is always there till we are able to cross the material realm. Therefore ideal is to serve not our sense but Krsnas senses and go back to godhead. 

Krsna taught us to worship Govardhan instead of Indra. So Dharma means Dharmam tu sakshad bhagavath  pranitam. So what does bhagavan say Sarva dharman parityaja...

It is said in Brihat Bhagavatamrita that when a human follows the strict rule of Varnasrama dharam for 100 human life time He gets the post of Brahma

When a human gets and opportunity for being Brahma for 100 life times then He is given the post of Shiva. Demigods are all in the mode of goodness. Spiritual life starts once we come to the mode of goddess. Our goal becomes long or short based on our desire to enjoy.

If we do not desire to enjoy but only desire to serve then we go back to Krsna in this birth itself. If we have a desire to enjoy then since we have Krsna in center He will provides us with the opportunity were in we can be able to fulfill our desires of becoming as powerful as even Brahma.

When there is no qualified human then the Lord Himself becomes Brahma. We have heard the Lord taking the role of surya and therefore we address Him as Surya Narayana. when there was no qualified Shiva He became Shiva Himself and hence He was addressed as Sadashiva. 

Demigods are not pure unalloyed devotees they are all mixed devotees.

pls correcr me... if i m wrong any where & & pls share ur views

your servant

vinay

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.