Replies

• you can order the books online....

• Already many literatures are available including vishnu puranan and other puranas...you can go to iskcon delhi, vrindavan etc....please visit the below website for many more

www.rasbihari.com

• Hare Krishna!

Kamsa was a condemned demon (daitya) who engaged in heinous crimes and atrocities on Mother Earth. Deeply troubled by this, Mother Earth approached the devtas to discuss her woes. The devtas headed by Lord Brahma accompany her to Lord Vishu who promises to give her relief.

The Supreme Lord plucked off two hairs, one white and one black, and said to the gods, "These my hairs shall descend upon earth, and shall relieve her of the burden of her distress. Let all the gods also, in their own portions, go down to earth, and wage war with the haughty Asuras, who are there incorporate, and who shall every one of them be destroyed. Doubt not of this: they shall perish before the withering glance of mine eyes. This my (black) hair shall be impersonated in the eighth conception of the wife of Vasudeva, Devakí, who is like a goddess; and shall slay Kansa, who is the demon Kálanemi." Thus having spoken, Hari disappeared; and the gods bowing to him, though invisible, returned to the summit of mount Meru, from whence they descended upon earth.

That is when Devaki, Vasudev & Kansa were going along in the chariot, a voice in the sky, sounding aloud and deep as thunder, addressed Kansa, and said, "Fool that you are, the eighth child of the damsel whom you are driving in the car shall take away your life!"

Thus, from this lila explained in the Vishnu Purana we understand that the aakashvani was the celestial voice of the devtas and Lord Hari.

Ys,

Mathura Vasi Devi Dasi.

The Vishnu Purana: Book V: Chapter I
    The Vishnu Purana, translated by Horace Hayman Wilson, [1840], full text etext at sacred-texts.com
    • Volunteer

Hare Krsna,
      My obeisances to all devotees, guru and gauranga.

I am currently reading the Krsna book and I have a question related to this post. I have pasted the text below: http://www.vedabase.com/en/kb/1

Kaṁsa was made aware of his previous birth by the grace of Nārada. He learned that in his previous birth he had been a demon of the name Kālanemi and that he had been killed by Viṣṇu. Having now taken his birth in the Bhoja family, he decided to become the deadly enemy of the Yadu dynasty; Kṛṣṇa was going to take birth in that family, and Kaṁsa was very much afraid that he would be killed by Kṛṣṇa, just as he had been killed in his last birth.

If Kamsa in his previous life was killed by Lord Visnu, then shouldn't he be liberated? We know that if anyone killed by the lord himself or his expansions are liberated irrespective of their sins and deeds.

I am pretty sure that there is a proper explanation which evades my understanding. If you can take time and provide your valuable inputs, that will be great.

hare krsna

• Hare Krishna!

Wonderful! It is very auspicious to know this lila of Lord Hari. Now we understand the insight of the omen. 

I would like to know about Vishun's white hair. Who was impersonated from His white hair? 

Your insignificant servant,

Amal 

• Hare Krishna!

Lord Balarama manifested as the seventh child of Devaki and Vasudeva from the 'white hair' before the appearance of Lord Hari.

Ys,

Mathura Vasi Devi Dasi.

• it was servant of god, celestial who announce messages.

even if you know his name, that will not tell you much.

• kamsa was demon kalanemi in previous life, who were killed by lord vishnu.
    anyway, here is the answer on your question :
    SB 10.1.34 — While Kaṁsa, controlling the reins of the horses, was driving the chariot along the way, an unembodied voice addressed him, “You foolish rascal, the eighth child of the woman you are carrying will kill you!”
    SB 10.1.35 — Kaṁsa was a condemned personality in the Bhoja dynasty because he was envious and sinful. Therefore, upon hearing this omen from the sky, he caught hold of his sister’s hair with his left hand and took up his sword with his right hand to sever her head from her body.
    2541024384?profile=original
This reply was deleted.