Which lila is Sri Bankey Bihariji?

Please accept my humble obeisance.All glories to Srila Prabhupada.All glories to Srila Gurudeva and Gurumatarani.All glories to Sri Sri Nitai Gauracandra.Hare KrishnaWhich lila is Sri Bankey Bihariji? Is this in Vrindavan lila or Mathura lila or Dwarka lila?Your Servant,Bhakta David

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna!
    Thank you both for your wonderful pasttimes of our Lord Bankey Bihariji.
    From the moment I saw this form of the Lord, I have been attracted to Him. Now I undedrstand why.

If you have any more pasttimes please let me know of them.

Your Servant,
    Bhakta David
  • Volunteer

There is also a sweet pastime associated with Bankey Bihari ji. Once, an eminent devotee came for Shri Banke Bihari's darshan. He gazed intently at the deity for a long time. Rasika Banke Bihariji became so attracted to him that He went with him to his village. Later, when the Goswamis of Bihariji came to know of this, they traced Him and, after much pleading brought the deity back to the temple. After this incident, a momentary darshan was introduced so that no one again can gaze upon Him for a long time. The eyes are sooooo beautiful that if one continuously gazes at them, he will just lose his consciousness. The deity is self-manifested as Amarnath prabhu has explained so beautifully. Therefore it is most beautiful and exquisite.

• Radhe Radhe!

Swami Haridas(guru of tansen) did years of aikantic nirjan bhajan in nidhivan, a raasasthali in vrndavan.

Being pleased with him Sri Sri Radha and Krsna appeared before him to give saakshaad darshan and gave a boon he wished to ask for.

He quickly said...My dear lords both of you'll are soooo very beautiful and attractive that my eyes are in capable of holding the rasa of your nectarean forms. When I look at Krsna, I find Radha very beautiful.....but when i look at Radha, she herself is lost in the unlimited beauty of Vrajendranandan Shyaamsundar Swayam Bhagwan Sri Krsna!

Hence my lords, my only request is that if you both could combine into 1 form then i can keep gazing at your supremely incomparable form without any distraction!

Seeing the great love and devotion of Swami Haridas, the two transcendental youths of Vraja immediately merged into 1... and the deity of Sri Banke Bihariji appeared!!!!

Hence its not sculpted or carved...but is a swayam bhu(self manifested) form of the lord...

This all happened in the divine place of Nidhivan, thus this pastime is categorized as Vrndavan lila of the lord.

Your Servant,

Amarnath das

This reply was deleted.