Which is our Real body

Hare Krishna Prabhu ji's and Mata ji's

PAMHO!!!!

I Have one doubt, and I will be very much obliged if I can get the counseling from you all advanced devotees.

Its regarding our real self/body..Which is our real body? I still have small doubt regaring our real self, in this material world this is our temporary body, if we go to hell there we have different temporary body, in heaven we would have different body, and if we come in contact with lord then also we will have a temp body beacuse lord can take that body anytime if he desires so and through us on earth again and if we want to merge into the Brahman and exist in a spiritual vacuum, floating in an eternal sky without any form or activities or feelings then there I think that will be our real self with no body without any form, without any feeling, safely we can be there with no falling back again. I am sorry I might sound very wierd but please i would like my this doubt to get clear.

Your humble servant.

Amit Mehra

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•     Text 29.2b

adṛṣṭaṁ dṛṣṭavan naṅkṣed
                                                                  bhūtaṁ svapnavad anyathā
                                                                    bhūtaṁ bhavad bhaviṣyac ca
                                                                   suptaṁ sarva-raho-rahaḥ
                                                                                      Translation: 
    Everything happening within time, which consists of past, present and future, is merely a dream. That is the secret understanding in all Vedic literature.
    Purport: 

Factually all of material existence is only a dream. Thus there is no question of past, present or future. Persons who are addicted to karma-kāṇḍa-vicāra, which means “working for future happiness through fruitive activities,” are also dreaming. Similarly, past happiness and present happiness are merely dreams. The actual reality is Kṛṣṇa and service to Kṛṣṇa, which can save us from the clutches of māyā, for the Lord says in Bhagavad-gītā (7.14), mām eva ye prapadyante māyām etāṁ taranti te: “Those who surrender unto Me can easily cross beyond My illusory energy.”

Thus end the Bhaktivedanta purports of the Fourth Canto, Twenty-ninth Chapter, of the Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam, entitled “Talks Between Nārada and King Prācīnabarhi.”

• Our real self is riding within the material body

Material body is Yantra which means a machine

along with us is supersoul who acts as a witness

within this tree of the body it is it is likened to two birds sitting on a tree

supersoul.jpg

We are a spiritual spark eternal full of bliss and knowledge

we are primeval  and never die

our size is described as an atomic spark one ten thousandth the tip of a hair and we pervade the body

in the area of the heart

when we cant use this body any more we get another body according to our desire

9f8b1ae8ae34eb59155118f89f29785f.jpg

There is a choice to be made

Make a solution to this temporary destructible body and go Back to godhead and attain a spiritual body

• Those scriptures which says that soul size is one ten thousandth the tip of a hair are for sure not authentic, because transcendental soul has no limitation. Soul is a parcel of the Lord, but because Lord is unlimited, the soul is to. The transcendental quality is the same, but difference is in transcendental quantity, not in material such as size. 

How atma can be unlimited and still parcel of unlimited Paramatma, its always confusing for those on madyama or kanishta level.

SB 7.7.19-20“Ātmā” refers to the Supreme Lord or the living entities. Both of them are spiritual, free from birth and death, free from deterioration and free from material contamination. They are individual, they are the knowers of the external body, and they are the foundation or shelter of everything. They are free from material change, they are self-illuminated, they are the cause of all causes, and they are all-pervading. They have nothing to do with the material body, and therefore they are always uncovered. With these transcendental qualities, one who is actually learned must give up the illusory conception of life, in which one thinks, “I am this material body, and everything in relationship with this body is mine.”

SB 7.7.19-20
      In Bhagavad-gītā (15.7) Lord Kṛṣṇa clearly says, mamaivāṁśo jīva-loke jīva-bhūtaḥ: “All the living entities are part of Me.” Therefore the living ent…
      •  Soul is a parcel of the Lord, but because Lord is unlimited, the soul is to.

--this is called undifferenced monism or oneness

our philosophy is achintya bheda abehdha tatva

inconceivable simultaneously oneness and difference

•  Srimad Bhagavatam is the true source of transcendental knowledge, but those who are unqualified to receive such knowledge, remain spiritually blind despite the effort of learning.

If we know the size of the apple, we can for sure measure the size of the slice , but if apple is unlimited in a size, then the slice would be impossible to measure, it would be unlimited also.

That's known even in the modern material science, what to talk about transcendental one.

aham brahmasmi or I am Brahman, its well known statement of Absolute Truth which cant be explained by words. But those who try to put Brahman in their material squares are looking funny,  like trying to stop the wind with the hands.

The words, mind and intelligence can not explain transcendental Brahman or soul, but the words such as ''unlimited'', ''transcendental''  ''no end'', ''achintya bheda abehdha'' , ''Absolute Truth''...can give nearest explanation as possible.

• DEAN PRABHU

excuse me for my ignorance but I have never heard this analogy

"

If we know the size of the apple, we can for sure measure the size of the slice , but if apple is unlimited in a size, then the slice would be impossible to measure, it would be unlimited also.

That's known even in the modern material science, what to talk about transcendental one."

Where in Prabhupada's transcendental teaching do you source this from?

SrilaPrabhupada explains "aham brahmasmi " in word as "i am pure spirit soul"

yet you say -"

aham brahmasmi or I am Brahman, its well known statement of Absolute Truth which cant be explained by words."

Do you mock Srila Prabhupada's teaching?

Please explain----

• aham brahmasmi or I'm Brahman, or I'm pure soul, is the same thing.

The eternal body forms of Lords pure devotees in His eternal abode, as well as temporary  material body forms of living beings, are ''covers'' of transcendental soul called Atma or Brahman. That's why Lord, being source of the soul, is sometimes called Paramatma or Parabrahman.

• This response does not answer my questions
                1 Where do you source the analogy of the apple?
                2 you can put aham brahmasmi into words so you have contradicted yourself
                • Maybe not, but it will answer others who are qualified to learn. That analogy don't have a source.

Brahman cant be explained with words as you cant explain Parabrahman.

Just saying spiritual soul, is  still doesn't explain its nature, quality or quantity.

What is spiritual soul or Brahman, and what is the Lord or Parabrahman, cant be completely explained even by Sri Brahma, first born rishi, what to talk about others.

Considering all that, measuring something transcendental, eternal, which is acintya bheda abheda, is impossible in any ways.

Those who really understands difference between the material body and soul, conlude this temporary material creation to be unreal, and that only reality is Brahman and Parabrahman. In other words, Jiva and Lord.

SB 11.22.54-55 The soul’s material life, his experience of sense gratification, is actually false, O descendant of Daśārha, just like trees’ appearance of quivering when the trees are reflected in agitated water, or like the earth’s appearance of spinning due to one’s spinning his eyes around, or like the world of a fantasy or dream.

---------------------------------------------------------------

SB 10.40.24I too am deluded in this way, O almighty Lord, foolishly thinking my body, children, home, wife, money and followers to be real, though they are actually as unreal as a dream.
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  SB 11.22.51An unintelligent man, failing to distinguish himself from material nature, thinks nature to be real. By contact with it he becomes completely bewildered and enters into the cycle of material existence.
                  • But Dean Prabhu
                    It does have a source- your imagination...
                    Your perfection is to repeat the words of the Spiritual Master Srila Prabhupada not just like a parrot but appropriately in the approriate response.
This reply was deleted.