Whether milk is veg or nonveg product ?

Hare Krishna,

Dandvat pranaam to all devotees.

A person asked me this question in a challenging way, and he is asking me to give the evidences from Bhagvad Gita or Srimad Bhagvatam that whether milk is veg or non veg product.

Kindly give your answers with supportive evidences. 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• it is best to use the milk of cows of Indian breed because the Cows in western world consume meat and other avoidable stuff and their milk has no potency to keep us sattvik, so every devotee should give privileage to cows of Indian origin. Hare krishna

• Volunteer

that might be true. But when we had cows we used to feed them with grass only and wheat bread in winter so they were not non vegetarian. 

Your servant, 

• then it is fine to use that but in case of selecting one Cows of indian origin must be selected

• Only kamdhenus cow mk is considered to be veg
    • Volunteer

Please could You explain how is it?

What about cows in western countries?

Vegetarianism in dictionary means no meat, fish and eggs. 

But Vegan diet means even no to milk.

Your servant, 

• Hare Krishna Mataji 

I am satisfied yuour answer that natural milk  is veg. and  unnatural milk is nonveg.

But if cow is injected some hormones to get her milk unnaturally than that is a  violence. That milk we should not buy and support such type of cow "protection". Because those hormones harm the health of cows and reduce their life span

Thanks  !

• Volunteer

Vegetarian means no meat, no fish no eggs.

People become such for the sake of avoiding violence against animals.

Milk is not a meat. And while taking milk we do not hurt a cow. Calf should not drink much milk. If he drinks too much milk of his mother than he will get sick. Because of that after some time milkman takes away the calf of a cow and milks her.

So there is no any violence.

Milk is a blood. But when mother loves her child that blood turns into milk.

In Srimad Bhagavatam we find lilas of Krishna where Gopas and Gopis used to milk cows, churn butter, cook milk sweets....make ghee....so milk is a very holy food.

But if cow is injected some hormones to get her milk unnaturally than that is a  violence. That milk we should not buy and support such type of cow "protection". Because those hormones harm the health of cows and reduce their life span. And buying such milk we are helping them to continue their violence on cows.

Your servant,  

This reply was deleted.