Hare Krishna to all the great devotees of Krishna....

Please accept my humble obeisances.

Being a starter in Krishna Consciousness, I am facing some problems. Some problems though small seems to shake the very faith of mine in Krishna Consciousness. Association of devotees is necessary for establishing firm faith but I live in such a place where there is no ISKCON centers or temple. Secondly I am quiet secretive of my KC and my parents dont know about it as I am afraid that they wont encourage me.

My Problems:

1. I am a school going student. It is quiet evident that even if I dont wish for it but I am forced to be in association with non devotees. Not even a single student in my school or my class with whom I have met till now could tolerate any discussions based on Krishna for too long. They just speak of school studies, their future plans of becoming Doctors, of getting into a renowned medical colleges like AIIMS, JIPMER. When there is any free periods, teachers who come for substitution just to pass the time encourage us in studying harder, to do something in life by becoming a great Doctor, IAS officer etc. Even if I want I cannot avoid these circumstances. And the result is my brain gets brainwashed. No way how far I try, I also get a desire of having a great materialistic life. At that instance I even become ready to abandon KC and pursue for such temporary happiness. Such things occur even after my knowing that these happiness is nothing compared to the Love for Krishna. I forcibly restrain my unwilling mind from such things and when I come back home I listen to Krishna bhajans or read some spiritual articles. Sometimes they get me back in my path but sometimes they give me only a little relief. Please suggest some measures for this and also relate some of ur experiences in these matters.

2. Sometimes I get a doubt if Krishna really exists. When I reason his existence by his creations, that doubt still prevails.

Please relate some of the problems faced by the beginners. And also tell me about ur experiences with KC and what all problems u faced in ur spiritual journey. I thank u all well in advance.

Hare Krishna.....

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• HariBola,

Solution to your first paragraph: please look for 'Bhakti Vriksha' community in your area. Im sure there must have been something there. This is a weekly gathering organised at a devotees residence and preaching activity happens there. 

Answer to Problem 1: Dont discuss about Krishna infront of non devotees when ur not highly elevated in KC. Its better to have a plan and think about career as Krishna does not want u depend on others for maintaining your family. So not bad if you along with your materialist friends make a career plan

Problem 2: When we are not very advanced in KC we doubt on Krishna's plan. 

Hope this helps.

YS

• I am quiet sure but there is no such community here. But ur answer has given me a hope that sooner or later I will also become steadfast in my KC. Thank u very much.

Hare Krishna.

• Hare Krishna dear devotee,

u r very lucky to have started loving Krishna at such a young age.. dont worry.. whatever worry comes just strongly hold on to the lotus feet of Krishna.. He is the only one in this universe who can help us..

• U r right sir. I can turn to no one but Krishna for help. Thank u very much 4 ur advice.

Hare Krishna.

• Thank u very much.

Actually I got attracted to Krishna when I was in 8th. But it lasted only for a month or so and I lost it totally as I allowed myself into the sway of material world. I came back to my path on November of this year by Krishna's mercy. Now I am in 11th std. that means I am totally surrounded by my parents expectations of becoming a Doctor and also totally burdened with studies. Whenever material desires struck me I become cautious as I dont want to lose my attachment to Krishna. I had already done such a grave mistake when I was quiet young and immature. I do agree I sometimes lose the whole control on my desires. That is the time when I become quiet depressed and also afraid of losing my attraction to Krishna. That is the very reason I asked for your help. Thank u very much for ur kind advice.

Hare Krishna.

This reply was deleted.