When does the soul enter the body?

Hare Krishna to all.

I experienced the magic of Krishna Consciousness recently with the help of my friends. Thereafter my life took a turn that I never would have expected in a way that completely changed my perspective and gave me the tint of real happiness.

Recently Abortion has been made legal in India upon some terms and conditions. As it is quite a buzzing topic with so many debates happening, I accidentally came across a video on abortion where there is a justification stated that, abortion within at max 40 to 48 days of conception is fine because the soul does not enter the human body. It extended to 90 days when the fetus has potential difficulties in its growth. There was a hint mentioning that this is specified in Garuda Purana  though I am not sure on this. 

Whereas, I came acorss a different video where it stated that the soul enters the womb through the semen, and so, the life begins when the semen and the egg meet.

I am curious to know when exactly does the soul enter the body, so that I can clear many disturbances in my mind.

Thankyou for reading so far.

Hare Krishna.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna Prabhu ji,

https://vedabase.io/en/library/sb/3/31/

pls. check this Bhagwatam part where it is mentioned about when the soul enters the womb.

Text 1:
    The Personality of Godhead said: Under the supervision of the Supreme Lord and according to the result of his work, the living entity, the soul, is made to enter into the womb of a woman through the particle of male semen to assume a particular type of body.
    Text 2:
    On the first night, the sperm and ovum mix, and on the fifth night the mixture ferments into a bubble. On the tenth night it develops into a form like a plum, and after that, it gradually turns into a lump of flesh or an egg, as the case may be.

भ्रूण हत्या (Bhrun hatya)

Abortion comes under the category of Pancha Mahapatakas. If the death of the fetus happens upon itself ( still birth cases) it is fine as per its karma it was born death. But this action of Abortion is like killing someone before coming out of the womb. It is a big sin. 

Hare Krishna.

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
  • E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

Soul enters the mother's body through the semen. Think about it - Life Comes from Life. If there is no life, how can there be growth? 

Haribol,

Radha Rasamayi DD

This reply was deleted.