What to do? please help..

Hare krishna prabhujis and matajis... what to do if some girls get offended when called mataji?? is it ok if we call them didi ? also as a general safeguard is it ok to call opposite gender didi/auntiji? because they might take mataji in wrong way causing dispute... in my mind i will consider them as mataji only.. its just that i will call them didi/auntyji...

please guide🙏

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Instead of using Mataji, you can use Didi which is generally a safe option. It expresses respect and is appropriate for women older than you without implying a fnf motherly relationship.

FNF - FNF GAMES - FNF MODS
    FNF - Friday Night Funkin Mods - Play thousands of FNF mods online for free. In this rhythm game, you must defeat different opponents in rapping cont…
  • I think that's simply people's informal way of addressing you.

connections game
    Connections Unlimited Game | Play & Solve Daily
    Connections Game is an interesting puzzle game in which you sort words into groups of four that share something in common. Let's test your logical sk…
  • E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

PLease call them MATAJI. No issues if they feel bad, they are not even on this path. In our movement, even new born baby girl is addressed as mataji by devotees. What is the issue? 

If any mataji feels bad, bring them to me. I will put some sense in them.

We have to follow our parampara. 

There is a reason why all girls are called mataji, reagrdless of age. Didi or dada terms do not stop anyone from developing amorous feeling towards them. Ask bengalis, how many didis and dadas had affairs, need not even culminate in marriage. Mataji, on the other hand,...nobody thinks like that for mother figure, right? Srila Prabhupada said to address as mataji, we follow that. 

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hello, Mataji is a term of respect often used in spiritual or religious contexts. It signifies reverence for women, acknowledging their divine nature.
    Didi is a friendly and affectionate term, meaning “elder sister.” It’s commonly used to show respect and warmth.
    If you’re unsure whether someone prefers “Mataji,” it’s perfectly acceptable to use “Didi.” Most people appreciate respectful and kind interactions. If they express a preference, honor it.

This reply was deleted.