What to do..??

Hare Krishna,

I try to tell to people around me, the teachings of ISKCON and how it has helped to preserve Vedic Culture..but they refute and say ISKCON is only after publicity and is an commercial organisation especially while building huge temples, they force for donations and also during Book distribution.

I believe in ISKCON values and philosophy but how do we convince them? I am not able to answer their statements.

Please help me out in this.

Haribol.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare krishna mathaji,

MOst importantly you should know krishna wants you to get the answers and so arranges such people and questions, get the answers from seniors and guide, please get guidance from a physical guide which is important mathaji. I request you to read the book, salted breads, u will get all the asnwers. 

Ys

• Hare Krsna,

Thank you dear devotees for clearing my doubt. My faith has increased after reading all the replies.

Haribol.
  • Hare Krishna Mataji,

There are too many saints in India becoming very popular among people in a short duration. But they will be frauds and soon they will be caught in a scandal. Their names will be flashed in the media. This everybody knows. So the general notion in India is " A saint means a A fraud". So if you show Prabhupadas picture to them - at once what shoots up in their memory is " Here is another fraud". This I have experienced when I tried to introduce people to Krishna consciousness. They will never know that Prabhupada after establishing ISKCON worth of crores of crores of money never wrote the entire wealth to his children or wife. He established GBC and asked GBC to govern ISKCON and use ISKCON's wealth in Krishna's service. And the members of the GBC didn't have any family relationship with Prabhupada. Had a fraudulent Guru established ISKCON he would have made sure that all the wealth of ISKCON goes to his family members. This you can explain to people. 

" ISKCON is only after publicity and is an commercial organisation especially while building huge temples"

You can say the following - Many kings in the past have built huge temples in India. For what purpose they built the temples -just for publicity. For the same purpose ISKCON is building temples - Just to develop Krishna Bhakthi among people - temples are being built. 

"while building huge temples, they force for donations and also during Book distribution."

You can say the following- Today a corrupted person also requires lot of money. For what purpose. The corrupted person can buy lot of wealth for his family members and do all other nonsense once he earns money and become very rich. Or in other words he requires money for "himself" for his own personnel gain. 

Iskcon or its devotees also require lot of money ( of course to be earned in a legal way as said in scriptures ). But for what purpose. Iskcon requires lot of money  which will be used in Krishna's service not for their personnel sense gratification. Or in other words, devotees do book distribution and earn money not because they have to become "rich"   but because the money they earn should be used in Krishna's service.  

Haribol,

S.Balaji. 

• E-Counselor

GOod answer Balaji prabhu.

Haribol.

• Hare Krishna Mataji

All credits to my gurudeva Sankarshan Das Adhikari.

Haribol,

S.Balaji. 

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

These people who are giving these statements are giving sweeping statements without knowing facts. They are on the fringes and do not want to get involved with ISKCON or its philosophy. The best thing to do is to leave them alone. Why I am saying this is that - you keep your faith and do not let these statements shake your faith in ISKCON and its philosophy. Its ok if you cant explain to them or convince them. What is important is that your faith should not shake. If you see something happening whihc you think is not right, pls bring it to the notice of your superiors or temple management of the ISKCON temple in your locality.

Pls chant 16 rounds of mhamantra everyday and read Gita everyday. You will keep getting right direction and help at the right time.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Serve them ISKCON Bullets alias Gulab Jamun. :-) 

And make your own life's principles more strong, valid, practical, down to earth and realistic, all of which one learns only by Sadhu Sanga (Devotees Association) and Sastra Adhyayan (Scriptures Reading).

Hare Krishna!

www.desichain.in

Online Shopping India! Buy Online: Books, Pooja Items, Handicrafts, Personal Care, Health…
  • Haribol!

Mataji, even my dad doesn't accept ISKCON's authority. (Half of my maternal relatives are Gaudiya Vaishnavas too. My mom is a vegetarian and my sis is a follower too).The question here is why do they not accept ISKCON's teachings.

Simple, they don't read the authorised scriptures or hear from the Vaishnavas. Some of them read the wrong books written by mundane philosophers and get a very materialistic understanding about Sanatan Dharma.

It takes millions of births to finally accelt Krishna. For those of us who have come into this incredible Krishna Consciousness movement, we are lucky, all due to the sukriti we have accumulated in previous births. We hope to go back to Godhead in this life and therefore we must thrive to achieve it. But if due to unfortunate circumstances, we do not make it, we would have better births in our next lives, perhaps in the houses of a Vaishnavas and then return to Goloka Vrindavana.

You can't force anyone to accept ISKCON, not when their hearts are still stone hard. We have prasada. Mataji, serve them prasad. They will not know that they are eating Krishna's remnants. This is how you include Krishna in their lives even without them knowing. One day, to your suprise, they would be full-time devotees.

Hare Krishna!

Your aspiring servant.
This reply was deleted.