I know that it is ram but when i was chatting with a devotee hare, he was not able to accept it. He was telling that it is rama not ram.

Please give your opinions so that i will be clear.

Hare krishna hare ram.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• thank you for this knowledge,hare krishna

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna

Humble obeisances

ram is not equal to रा + म =( र + आ + म + अ ).

Rama = रा + म =( र + आ + म + अ ).

That is y Rama is the right pronunciation and not Ram .

Ram does not have अ  in the end in म , here म is without any (matra) as we call in hindi. म should have a (halant) in the hindi translation of Ram.

Plz hear carefully, Srila  Prabhupada pronounced Rama and not Ram. I heard this from HG Radhe Shyam P,he is the temple president of Pune temple.

I beg forgiveness from everyone if my words offended any one.

ys

• hare krishna prabhu,

i saw "chanting with srila prabhupad"video,in this prabhupad chanted "ram".

so he is an acharya .so we should follow him.but we can also chant Rama.

all glories to srila prabhupad.

• Volunteer

When we attended the Japa workshop conducted by HG Mahatama prabhu who is one of the senior disciple of Srila Prabhupada, we asked the same question that is SP is chanting it as Ram or Rama. Then Mahatama prabhu said that it is Rama and not Ram. If you attentively hear, you will hear it clearly Rama in his chanting. May be you can try slowing down the track speed or something to test it out. Also Mahatama prabhu said due to his Bengali accent, some times though his pronounce appears to sound like Ram but its actually Rama only what SP chants.

Hope this helps.

This reply was deleted.