Volunteer

What is the form of our spiritual body ???

In one of his lectures, His Grace Srila Prabhupada says,"I am not going to die. So we existed in the past, we are now existing at present, and we shall continue to exist in the future. This is the position. But how we shall exist? What kind of body, either demigod's body or dog's body or tree's body or fish's body, that will depend on my work. Or we go back to home, back to Godhead, Krishna like... We get the spiritual body like Krishna." When He mentions that 'Or we go back to home, back to Godhead, Krishna like... We get the spiritual body like Krishna', does He mean to say that the form of our spiritual body is exactly like Krishna, just like the form of the residents of Vaikuntha is similar to that of Mahavishnu; they r also four-handed, and they have attained such bodies through following Bhagavat Dharma. Waiting for ur replies!!!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Q. WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF KNOWING ONE`S SVARUPA, ONE`S CONSTITUTIONAL POSITION ? part 1.‏

http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/group/krishnaconsciousness/forum/to...

Q. WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF KNOWING ONE`S SVARUPA, ONE`S CONSTITUTIONAL POSITION ? part 2.‏

Q. WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF KNOWING ONE`S SVARUPA, ONE`S CONSTITUTIONAL POSITION ? part 3.‏

Q. WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF KNOWING ONE`S SVARUPA, ONE`S CONSTITUTIONAL POSITION ? part 4.‏

Q. WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF KNOWING ONE`S SVARUPA, ONE`S CONSTITUTIONAL POSITION ? part 5.‏

Q. WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF KNOWING ONE`S SVARUPA, ONE`S CONSTITUTIONAL POSITION ? part 6.‏

• Volunteer
    But finally I will not contradict with ur views, for it all depends on the will of Krishna. Only we will have to think of Krishna at the time of our death. Thankx for ur views. Hare Krishna!!!
  • Volunteer

In sarupya liberation the bodily features of the

devotee are exactly like those of the Supreme Person but for two or three

symptoms found exclusively on the transcendental body of the Lord.

Srivatsa, for example, the hair on the chest of the Lord, particularly

distinguishes Him from His devotees.-Srila Prabhupada.

• Volunteer
    In Bramha Samhita, there is word called 'sriyam' though ingeniously translated as 'gopis', it actually means sri-devis, or goddesses of fortunes, Lakshmi-devis,yogamayas. There is a word ' kalabhih' means Krishna's pleasure giving agaents i.e.His devotees, and their form is described by Lord Bramha as ' nija-rupataya' which means' resembling His(Krishna's) spiritual figure', who r ' ananda-cinmaya-rasa-pratibhavitabhis', i.e. vitalised by His ever-blissful spiritual rasa. So, the mellows r like various ways to reach Krishna, beacuse Krishna says that you will attain my Nature and Being, if u die thinking of Me and that if u r devoted to Me; and no-where He says that we will be attaining forms like gopis. He only mentions that gopis r my best devotees. Hare Krishna!!
    • Volunteer

The gopis who were in the homes were fake ones produced by the maya of Yogamaya. They were present in their original bodies before Krishna,as mentioned SB. It was only meant for cheating their husbands. Yes, u r ri8, we r feminine in nature but not in form, Krishna is supreme enjoyer, we r enojyed, in that sense He is male and we r females, bcoz, sex differeneces exist in material world not spiritual. The gopis were sages in previous birth who wanted to engage themselves in conjugal love with krishna. So, they were born as gopis. So the gopis were dancing with their swarups, they themselves were not swarups. As Krishna is Paramatman, the soul of souls, He was atrracting their souls.

• Volunteer

Krishna attracts the souls of gopis, friends, animals, parents,so He is all-attractive,so it is not necessary to think that they themselves r souls, they r Nitya-siddhas, liberated souls, but it means they r without material bondage, they have Bhagavati-tanu, a body which is dedicated to the service of Lord.

• Volunteer
          SP says, sarupya means 'same bodily features', and since they r transcendental, so dey r spiritual in nature.
  • Volunteer

Thankx, Krishna Chaitanya prabhu. But little doubt still exists. If one thinks about Krishna and dies, he will attain the form of Krishna beacuse thinking of whatever form He dies, He becomes that form. In Bramha Samhita, Lord Bramha says, that lord is surrounded by His devotees or His pleasure giving agents whose spiritual figures resemble that of Krishna. Srila Prabhupada says, if one dies thinking of Krishna, He will attain a transcendental body and His bodily constitution will be just like Krishna. He says, when Krishna was dancing, with the gopis in Rasa-lila, He was basically dancing with their spiritual bodies which was covered by gopi-like bodies.I think, male and female features, they r related to this material world.In spiritual world, we have got a separate spiritual figure and Krishna descends on this earth noy just to make us cognizant of our spiritual position but also our form. And the feamles in Goloka, r Lakshmis, goddessess of fortunes, Lord's yogamaya who serves Lord just mother in Vaikuntha planet serves Lord Vishnu. The word 'sahasra-lakshmi' is used in Bramha-samhita.

http://world.In/
    • Volunteer

Srimad-Bhagavatam (Bhagavata Purana) 3.29.13:

salokya-sarsti-samipya-
      sarupyaikatvam apy uta
      diyamanam na grhnanti
      vina mat-sevanam janah

salokya--living on the same planet; sarsti--having the same opulence; samipya--to be a personal associate; sarupya--having the same bodily features; ekatvam--oneness; api--also; uta--even; diyama--nam--being offered; na--not; grhnanti--do accept; vina--without; mat--My; sevanam--devotional service; janah--pure devotees.

A pure devotee does not accept any kind of liberation--salokya, sarsti, samipya, sarupya or ekatva--even though they are offered by the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

SB 9.4.67:

mat-sevaya pratitam te
      salokyadi-catustayam
      necchanti sevaya purnah
      kuto 'nyat kala-viplutam

mat-sevaya--by being engaged fully in My transcendental loving service; pratitam--automatically achieved; te--such pure devotees are fully satisfied; salokya-adi-catustayam--the four different types of liberation (salokya, sarupya, samipya and sarsti, what to speak of sayujya); na--not; icchanti--desire; sevaya--simply by devotional service; purnah--fully complete; kutah--where is the question; anyat--other things; kala-viplutam--which are finished in the course of time.

My devotees, who are always satisfied to be engaged in My loving service, are not interested even in the four principles of liberation [salokya, sarupya, samipya and sarsti], although these are automatically achieved by their service. What then is to be said of such perishable happiness as elevation to the higher planetary systems?

• Volunteer
        So I think, we will be having the spiritual form of Lord even if we don't aspire for it. Hare Krishsna!!!
This reply was deleted.