what is the duty of a person on death bed

Humble obeisances to all devotees,i have a question that my maternal grandfather is completely paralysed,and he is in bed.what we can do to him,so that he is delivered.i mean he gets atleast some spiritual benefit (relief) from the pain he is going through.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Jai Shri Krishna..

My aunt was on her deathbed in the hospital a few months ago.  The hospital informed the family that she would not be recovering and that we should come and give her our final greetings.  This had given me an ideal opportunity to do the greatest duty for her that anybody could do at the time.

I had Abhishek water of Krishna and Shaligram with Gangajal and Tulasi.  Also with that I had water with Tulasi which was offered to Krishna.  While chanting the Maha Mantra, my other aunt put Tulasi in her mouth with little Abhishek and offered water.  My aunt who was in her final stages uttered a few words which sounded like the Maha Mantra and then departed.

I have no doubts in my mind that she had reached the ultimate goal, she had reached the Lotus feet of Shri Krishna in Goloka Vrindavan.

I hope that this helps and I pray that at my final moments I will be as fortunate.

2533783817?profile=original

•  

Hare Krishana,

You  can use audios of krishna kirtana for  him to hear holy name of Lord and also feed him krisna prasadam if possible. Hope this would help him to  feel better and relief. Hari Bol

This reply was deleted.