DANDVAT TO ALL MATAJI'S AND PRABHUJI'S.

The major difference between PREM and BHAKTI is that BHAKTI comes after being convinced that we have got the right master. An example is, anyone can love anything, i.e. one can even love a dog. But one cannot be devoted to a dog. Bhakti is devotion and Prem is love. Devotion comes out of the understanding about the servant as well as the master. In fact, we can say, when the feeling flows from Acharyan(Master) to Sishya(Servant), it can be called as PREM(Love / Affection) while if it flows from a Sishya to the Acharyan then it is called as BHAKTI(devoted)...HARIBOL

I WISH TO GET VIEW FROM ALL MEMBERS..PLZ COMMENT.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Rajashree Rao Mataji,

Krishna Bhakti and Krisna Prema are not the same.

Srila Prabhupada explains this:

"According to Bhakti Rasamrita Sindhu, The Science of Devotional Service, in the beginning one must have a preliminary desire for self-realization. This will bring one to the stage of trying to associate with persons who are spiritually elevated. The next stage is that one becomes initiated by an elevated spiritual master, and under the instruction of the spiritual master, the neophyte devotee begins the process of devotional service. By execution of devotional service under the guidance of the spiritual master, one becomes free from all material attachment and attains steadiness in self-realization, and acquires a taste for hearing about the Absolute Personality of Godhead, Sri Krishna. This taste leads one further forward to the attachment for Krishna consciousness, and this Krishna consciousness is matured in Bhava, or the preliminary stage of transcendental love of Godhead. When the devotee reaches the stage of real love for Godhead it is called Prema—the highest perfection of life. In the Prema stage there is a constant engagement in the transcendenta1 loving service of the Lord. So, by the slow process of devotional service-under the guidance of the bona fide spiritual master-one can attain the Bhava stage, being freed from all material attachment, from the fearfulness of one's individual spiritual personality, and from the frustration of voidness. And when one is actually free from such lower stages of life, one can attain to the Abode of the Supreme Personality of Godhead".

Purport Bg: 4.10

"When one surrenders unto Kåñëa, that is the beginning of his real life. And as he makes progress, then he realizes—I have several times discussed this point—ädau çraddhä. First thing is that "I must get myself out of this material contamination." That is called çraddhä. "In this very life I shall realize." So this çraddhä, this belief and this determination, as you make more and more perfect, you make advance. You make advance. Not as official, not as makeshow, but really... Ädau çraddhä tato sädhu-saìgaù. Then, as you are determined, so your taste for associating with devotees... Just like we are now associating with Lord Kåñëa's, Lord Caitanya's, teaching. He is a great devotee. This is called sädhu-saìga [Cc. Madhya 22.83]. Ädau çraddhä tato sädhu-saìga tathä bhajana-kriyä. Then bhajana-kriyä, how to execute. Now Caitanya Mahäprabhu is teaching. You will gradually know what is the bhajana-kriyä, how to execute devotional service. That we shall come later on. Tato anartha-nivåttiù syät. And as soon as your devotional service, prescribed duties, are discharged, you become free from all material contamination. That is the test. Tato anartha-nivåttiù syät tato niñöhä. Then you become firmly convinced. Tato niñöhä tato ruci. Then taste. Athäsakti: then you cannot give it up, at any circumstances cannot give it up. Athäsaktis tato bhävas: then you become fully in samädhi, in trance. Sädhakänäm ayaà premëaù prädur... These are the steps of attaining love of God. Love of God is not that you can immediately go and purchase from the market in the store. You have to practice it. The love is there within you. It is not artificial, neither an imposition by some person or... No. It is already there. If you kindly become submissively hearing this, by hearing only, and if you practice, it will be very nice and quickly we shall develop".
    Çré Caitanya-caritämåta, Madhya-lélä 20.137-142,New York, November 29, 1966.

• THANKS TO ALL FOR LOVELY COMMENT..HARIBOL
  • Volunteer

In bhakti there are nine different ways to practice: sravanam, kirtanam, visnoh smaranam, pada-sevanam, arcanam, vandanam, dasyam, sakhyam and atma-nivedanam.

Krishna Prema is to Love Krishna in the mode of Radha Rani.

As per 8 Instuctions given by Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Krishna Prema is achieved ONLY by practicing Harinam or (nagar) Sankirtana.

• Jai Shri Krishna..

I don't know the relevance to the discussion but my position in this regard is:  Prem=Krishna Bhakti=me. Krishna will be attained with Bhakti.

2532992379?profile=original

• All Glories to Srila Prabhuapada

Dandvat pranam Prahbu

Hare krishan

The  seed of  PREM  (love ) and BHAKTI (Devotion)  is krishna that all..............

need to surrender in perfect way 

when we choice love there are two way of love:- -------

01. for the material personality/entity/person 

we all know that we are part of partial of krishna so if we love any material entity it just our ignorance only ,we cant find supreme peace because it is mortality 

02. for the supreme personality krishna

we all know that we are part of partial of krishna so if u love lord krishna it is your knowledge we can get supreme peace. because krishna is immortal . 

(commonly  love means  natural affection not included true surrender love comes form quickly attraction with material test and we chases for material test only not the supreme test nectar of devotion, i cant possible in love) 

when we choice bhakti  there are also  two way :-------

01. for the material personality/entity/person

we all know that we are part of partial of krishna so if we do bhakti  any material entity  it just our ignorance only ,we cant find supreme peace because it is mortality , bhakti only can be do for God  krishna else is ignorance. 

02. for the supreme personality krishna

we all know that we are part of partial of krishna so if we do bhakti for  lord krishna it is your knowledge we can get supreme peace we can reach the nectar of devotion  because krishna is seed of every creation and entity we feel complete in ourself .

Your Servant 

Ravi Dewangan.

• These are all speculative ideas. Bhakti means Devotional services. Chaitnya Mahaprabhu says to Roop Goswami, It is Abhidheya tattava. Abhidheya means -  Bhakti and  it  is the only means to realize Krishna. But Krishna Can not be realized without Prem. So we need prem even it can not be wrong to say that Prem is more powerful than Krishna. Because it keeps Krishna under control.  Sri Radha Rani is the manifestation of Prem which is in a condensed form. Some where in CC Krishna says

Radha amar prem Guru , Ami Sisya nata

Se jeche nachaiye ,  Taiche kare Nritya

And Chaitnya Charitamritam says the real prayojan tattava is Prem. In one payar it is mention

Prem basa Gaur prabhu , jahna premottam

Prem basa haiya prabhu , den darshan

Yes, One thing is true , all this bhakti and prem , it should be performed  under the guidance of a perfect premi bhakta.

• hare krsna!!!!haribol..
      I fully agree.
This reply was deleted.