ISKCON Desire Tree - Devotee Network

Connecting Devotees Worldwide - In Service Of Srila Prabhupada

what is religion?

Views: 270

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Bhagavad Gita As It Is answers these queries. Please consider reading it.  

Religion in its purest term is Laws of God. To follow/abide by the laws is to follow the instructions of the Lord. People have termed religion as different ways to reach God or different traditions that are followed to try and accommodate Lord's instruction into their lives. But over time, the term religion is now used in a completely different context and most of them hate even the term nowadays.

When one abides by the Laws of God, one doesnt need any tag of a particular religion.

In his last instruction, Lord Sri Krsna says:

sarva-dharmān parityajya
mām ekaṁ śaraṇaṁ vraja
ahaṁ tvāṁ sarva-pāpebhyo
mokṣayiṣyāmi mā śucaḥ

Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reactions. Do not fear.

Krsna says that He came down to reestablish religion, why? because religion has taken too many dimensions and too many incorrect interpretations and He now instructs Arjuna to reject all those and stick to His main instructions which is

man-manā bhava mad-bhakto
mad-yājī māṁ namaskuru
mām evaiṣyasi satyaṁ te
pratijāne priyo ’si me

Always think of Me, become My devotee, worship Me and offer your homage unto Me. Thus you will come to Me without fail. I promise you this because you are My very dear friend.

All glories to Srila Prabhupad!!!

Hare Krsna.

RSS

Television Channel

Online Statistics

© 2018   Created by ISKCON desire tree network.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service