What if one by mistake consumes grains on ekadashi day?

I stay in bangalore. I have been following the mayapur vaishnava calender. As per mayapur calender indra ekadashi is on 27th sept. But as per the bangalore convention centre vaishnava calender it was on 26th. I have been following the mayapur calander for all fasting. So i am fasting on 27th. Is that ok. What is the way out if i had taken grains by mistake on ekadashi day because of this confusion in dates? Kindly guide.Your servent.Santu.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna,

Please refer www.vaisnavacalendar.com to find the exact dates of ekadashi, festivals, etc applicable for your location. If you take grains on an ekadashi by mistake, you may fast on the following day. You may also chant extra rounds. 

If you have a sincere desire to serve, to follow austerities, Krishna will guide you to ensure you keep it up. So the main issue is your sincere desire.

Pandav Nirjala ekadashi generally falls in the month of June. Acharyas say that if you do nirjala fasting on this day, this covers for any discrepancies in any of the other ekadashis in the year. Generally devotees always try to do fasting nirjala on this ekadashi.

Your servant,

Govardhan Das

Vaisnava Calendar
    • Yes so true and thank you prabhu

I have a phone app from play store

That calculates to the correct minute the correct local time and gives info about the particular ekadasi

It also gives other important time like brahma muhurta hour sunrise noon and sunset

and same for the moon

the time factor is very important to tune into for meditation and    chanting of mantras here is the link to the one I use on my android phone and this works well and reminds you also

of the vratta

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nrs.sankarsana.vCal

Vaishnava calendar - Apps on Google Play
      ✓ Display Vaishnava’s celebrations and Ekadasi. ✓ Export events to google calendar. ✓ Notice of fasting-days in advance. ✓ Notice of events and festi…
  • The way out is to keep chanting Hare Krishna

5850422.jpg

Don't lament or waste a moment of human life

Pick up on the next ekadasi

Once a year there is nirjala ekadasi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirjala_Ekadashi

Nirjala Ekadashi is a Hindu holy day falling on the 11th lunar day (Ekadashi) of the waxing fortnight of the Hindu month of Jyestha(May/June).[1][2] The ekadashi derives its name from the water-less (Nir-jala) fast observed on this day.[2] It is considered as the most austere and hence, most sacred of ekadashis. If observed religiously, it is said the most rewarding and granting the virtue gained by the observance of all 24 ekadshis in the year.[2]

Srila Prabhupada came from India to Commonwealth Pier in Boston aboard the 

Jaladutta---- Servant of the water

Back-To-Godhead-Srila-Prabhupada-Jaladuta.jpg

Nirjala Ekadashi
    Nirjala Ekadashi is a Hindu holy day falling on the 11th lunar day (Ekadashi) of the waxing fortnight of the Hindu month of Jyestha (May/June). The e…
  • E-Counselor

Hare Krsna,

PAMHO.

Ideally one should follow the local calendar to avoid these issues. Now if the mistake has been committed, what can be done? Atleast fast on one of the days.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• In agartala too its 27th sept.
    its a bit confusing.
This reply was deleted.