Its said in iskcon that 3/4th of God's manifestation is Spiritual and 1/4th is Material, then does something exist beyond that 3/4th and 1/4th?

If something exists what is it??

Answer based on both Sastric quotes and logic are welcome.

Logical answers can be very helpful.

Thanks!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna,

His Divine Grace, A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada has given explanations in a few books, especially

the Srimad Bhagavatam. I will try to extract some relevant quotes to try to answer.

From the Srimad Bhagavatam 2nd Canto, chapter Six, Text 17:

"The glories of the Lord, in the transcendental seventy-five percent of the Lord's internal potency, are stated in the Padma Purana (Uttarakhanda). It is said there that those planets in the spiritual sky, which comprises the seventy-five percent expansion of the internal potency of the Lord, are far, far greater than those planets in the total universes
    composed of the external potency of the Lord. In the Caitanya-caritamrta, the total universes in the external potency of the Lord are compared to a bucketful of mustard seeds. One mustard seed is calculated to be a universe itself. In one of the universes, in which we are now living, the number of planets cannot be counted by human energy, and so how can we think of the sum total in all the universes, which are compared to a bucketful of mustard seeds? And the planets in the spiritual sky are at least three times the number of those in the material sky. Such planets,
    being spiritual, are in fact transcendental to the material modes; therefore they are constituted in the mode of unalloyed goodness only. The conception of spiritual bliss (brahmananda) is fully present in those planets. Each of them is eternal, indestructible and free from all kinds of inebrieties experienced in the material world. Each of them is self illuminating and more powerfully dazzling than (if we can imagine) the total sunshine of millions of mundane suns. The inhabitants of those planets are liberated from birth, death, old age and diseases and have full knowledge of everything; they are all godly and free from all sorts of material hankerings. They have nothing to do there except to render transcendental loving service to the Supreme Lord Narayana, who is the predominating Deity of such Vaikuntha planets."

"Tripad-vibhuti, or the seventyfive percent known as the internal potency of the Lord, is to be understood as the kingdom of God far beyond the material sky; and when we speak of pada-vibhuti, or the twenty-five percent comprising His external energy, we should understand that this refers to the sphere of the
    material world. It is also said in the padma purana that the kingdom of tripad-vibhuti is transcendental, whereas the pada-vibhuti is mundane; tripad-vibhuti is eternal, whereas the pada-vibhuti is transient. The Lord and His eternal servitors in the transcendental kingdom all have eternal forms which are auspicious, infallible, spiritual and eternally
    youthful. In other words, there is no birth, death, old age and disease. That eternal land is full of transcendental enjoyment and full of beauty and bliss."

As his Divine Grace often explained, our senses are imperfect and therefore we must not rely on them or on logic only.

The best method is to take instructions from bona-fide gurus, who themselves descend from a disciplic succession of spiritual masters.

There is no need to think of anything beyond the 3/4th and 1/4th. The main thing is the 3/4th spiritual universes since they are eternal and the Lord is permanently there in several different forms in different planets.

Hari Bol,

• Volunteer
      2543678750?profile=original

HareKrishna,

Very nice Jay Kishan Prabhuji, you have done good research.

"As his Divine Grace often explained, our senses are imperfect and therefore we must not rely on them or on logic only.", right Prabhuji. It is Achinty (inconceivable).

Still there are two mantras which we teach to our school's students to have some idea similer to this :

1. (Bhagavat Gita 10.8) I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The wise who perfectly know this engage in My devotional service and worship Me with all their hearts.

Here Lord Himself says that "all spiritual and material worlds" + "everything emanates from Me." So, "everything" means EVERYTHING.

2. (Sri Isopanisad - Invocation) The Personality of Godhead is perfect and complete, and because He is completely perfect, all emanations from Him, such as this phenomenal world, are perfectly equipped as complete wholes. Whatever is produced of the Complete Whole is also complete in itself. Because He is the Complete Whole, even though so many complete units emanate from Him, He remains the complete balance.

As Ramesh Prabhu asked, "logical answers can be very helpful", it is very much clear here that EVERYTHING emanates from Krishna and "even though so many complete units emanate from Him, He remains the complete balance." So, "does something exist beyond that 3/4th and 1/4th?", answer is YES, Krishna remains.

Read more : Spiritual Quest
      Categories:

Qualities | Practice | Family Life | Chanting-Hearing | Avoid Miseries | Detachment | Devotional Service | Life Style | Scriptural Injunctions | Bhagavatam | Health | Diet | Hindi Blog | VIEW ALL

• @Gaur Gadadhar Prabhu: Awesome answer prabhu.

Such logic, clarity and understanding.
        I greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks a ton for your answer.

• Hare krishna Gour Gadadhar prabhu 

Dandvat Pranam prabhu

very helpful answer prabhu thanks

"does something exist beyond that 3/4th and 1/4th?", answer is YES, Krishna remains.

and krishna said in Bhagvad Geeta  in Chapter 7 Verse 7 

mattah parataram nanyat 
          kincid asti dhananjaya 
          mayi sarvam idam protam 
          sutre mani-gana iva

meaning:- O conqueror of wealth [Arjuna], there is no Truth superior to Me. Everything rests upon Me, as pearls are strung on a thread.

that means there is no need to check out where is beyond this? lord krishna said very clearly there is no truth superior to me .Everything rests upon Me, as pearls are strung on a thread.

Your Servant 

Ravi Dewangan 

• Volunteer

thanks Prabhu,

It is all mercy of HH Mahavishnu Goswami, who gave us this practical understanding and that's why trying hard to make it available very same knowledge to all at SpiritualQuest... please do visit and read, all of our articles are the unique collection of Maharaja's teachings.

Hare Krishna

• hare krishna gaur gadadhar das prabhu ji,

the perfect answer - or must i say reiteration of a fact that we had forgotten in our entanglement with mental speculations.

I used to have this question in my mind as a child and now my son also asked me this question a few months ago- i could not give him a convincing reply. now i know the answer that will convince him.

all glories to krishna and his devotees

haribol

• Hare krishna prabhu

Dandvat 

pamho

prabhu it my request please share how u got that in iskcon that 3/4th of God's manifestation is Spiritual and 1/4th is Material, then does something exist beyond that 3/4th and 1/4th?

i will try to give reply if u help me

Your Servant

Ravi Dewangan

This reply was deleted.