What do we tell people?

Hare Krsna!  I was wondering - what do we tell people about intelligents?  I mean, it seems that Krsna wants the most intelligent of people.  Like the strong seaman simile.  Should we tell people Krsna wants the most intelligent of people?  Or is that offensive?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• !!.. Hare Rama Hare Krishna ..!!

Lord Krishna always resides within everyone..  everything.. and everywhere..

10645396283?profile=RESIZE_584x

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

There is no qualification required to be in Krsna bhakti or Krsna consciousness. THe only qualification is the desire to love/ please/ serve Krsna. Especially in this age of Kali, the most fallen get delivered. The intelligent need not be the most fallen right? 

Yes it is true that when we try to understand the philosophy or read scriptures to understand, we are using our intelligence in the service of the lord and therefore He is pleased and gives us the intelligence with which to understand Him and serve Him.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krishna,

Krishna gives Intelligience to those who try to turn towards Him. 

Although the living entity forgets, the Lord gives him the intelligence to renew his work where he ended his last life.

one who is fully surrendered and engaged in the devotional service of the Supreme Lord can understand the Supreme Lord as He is. And as stated in Bhagavad-gītā (10.10), dadāmi buddhi-yogaṁ tam: the Lord gives such a devotee sufficient intelligence so that ultimately the devotee can attain Him in His spiritual kingdom.

Krishna is the one who gives intelligience that which the soul totally forgot.

The soul forgot that It belonged to Krishna once upon a time now it fallen to the material world and is suffering.  Krishna gives this intelligience to understand that  THE SOUL originally belonged to Krishna.  Krishna will remind the relationship. That intelligience is given by Lord.

Hare Krishna.

• Right on..  Thanks for commenting! K - so the Lord instructs the people and we preach just what's in scripture after you understand the philosophy. Got it.. Hare Krsna!

• I have not said to people, that Krishna wants only the intelligent, who am I to judge?  But it does take intelligence to be attracted to Krishna consciousness. Intelligence does not necessarily mean book smart, or well educated.  People question why the world is as it is. Why are some people born so privileged and some in such degraded conditions.  When one hears about karma and the transmigration of the soul – an intelligent person will understand it, and see the logic in it. 

An intelligent person will be attracted to the teachings. It is a natural occurrence.

• That's cool! Thanks for taking time to write!  There's a lot of things that can attract people to Krsna.  I'm learning to just preach what's in scripture and nothing else - when you fully understand scripture.  Well thanks and Hare Krsna!

This reply was deleted.