What are you reading ? Your reading diary.

Hare Krishna ,

Please accept my humble obeisances, all glories to shrila Prabhupada.

We all know and have experienced that regular reading of Shrila Prabhupada's books are certainly one of the best ways to learn and grow in our sadhana . I have tried to keep a diary to note down the books i am reading with entries of my realizations on that reading, and It has helped me a lot to plan my reading, and refer to it later also. Let us share here what are we reading, our realizations on that reading and seniors can help us plan our further reading . 

Looking forward to great participation from all the devotees, their  reading dairy, and also guidance from senior devotees to help in planning our reading .

Hari bol

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krsna!!

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Is very important a regular reading of Srila Prabhupada's books but don't only read and  take notes also pray to the Guru

and krsna for receive illumination and also thinking in the meaning of the scripture.  

For example: We read in one purport of Srila Prabhupada's books: '' As a result of acting under the modes of passion and ignorance, one becomes increasingly lusty and greedy, but when one takes to the process of chanting and hearing one comes to the platform of goodness and becomes happy".

1- First we pray to the Lord in submissive way: My Dear Lord, please give me the opportunity to engage in Devotional Service for have realization of the process of hearing and chanting and come to the Platform of pure goodness and in this way to be happy. ( Observe than we close to the scripture in a mood of servant than like to understand don't with the brain, with our heart).

2-  I need to chant my sixteen rounds without offenses for stay free for passion and ignorance and this way become happy in my diaries service for my Guru and Krsna.

3- We chant in our session of study: Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama

Hare Hare. Because our's intelligence is low we need the blessings of Guru and Krsna for understanding.

4- Living with the scriptures means than we don't try to have comprehension by our effort, krsna and the Guru give revelation of the meaning of the scripture.

5- We also thing in others parts of the scriptures than mention the similar feelings of Krsna Consciousness. Tasmad twam indriyany adau, BG.(3.41)...from the beginning control the Lust the enemy of self-realization and Spiritual Knowledge.

6- One important point is remember than when we hearing and chanting with devotional quality when the calamity comes for the mercy of Guru and Krsna we remember the voice of God.

Hari-Bolo! Gauranga!!.

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

firstly i read Bhagavad Gita, then Srimad Bhagavatam.

now repeating all of them again.

Mostly i liked story of Lord Rshabhadev, Bharata Maharaja and his next life Jada Bharata. How he after understanding his mistake took seriously his spiritual life. Now he did not worry about fame, glory, name...he was just fixed in his goal. And did not loose even a single moment for even tiny words.

and carefully protected himself from committing sins, like not even killing ants.

Also like Dhruva Maharaja's determination. In his 5 years age he left everything in search for Vishnu and did austere austerities and achieved his goal.

From Mahabharata i learned some practical knowledge some rules and regulations...

---------------------

yes, to make a diary is very helpful. i do it on word document in the soft form it saves my time and i can color different statements in different colors, so that it would be easy to find our them.

Your servant, 

• Hare Krishna mataji,

very very encouraging to know that you have completed entire Bhagavatam also, I sincerely pray to the lotus feet of Shrila Prabhupada and Krishna to give me the strength and dedication to read scriptures more. following the clue I have also started the notes in soft form it is really helpful. thankyou mataji once again.

hari bol

• Hare Krishna,

I have started re-reading "The Laws of nature :An Infalliable Justice" by HDG Shrila Prabhupada.

some excerpts from Introduction :

• Man prides himself on being a creature of reason above the lowly beasts. Yet it seems that when he applies his reason to unlocking the secrets of nature for his benefit, he sinks deeper and deeper into a quagmire of intractable problems. 
    • It's clear we're missing something in our attempts to harness the laws of nature for our own purposes. What is that "something"  ?..............'Everything in this creation is owned and controlled by the Lord. One should therefore accept only those things necessary for himself, which are set aside as his quote, and one should not accept other things, knowing well to whom they belong.
    • the source of our problem is the desire for sense gratification beyond the consideration of anyone else's rights.
    • our natural constitutional role is to serve God. He is the supreme enjoyer, and we are meant to take part in His enjoyment through service to Him, not by trying to enjoy separately.
    • Why do we misuse our independence ? Because we are ignorant of our real nature. The first lesson of the Vedic wisdom is that we are not bodies but rather spirit souls.
    • Our problem, however, is that we forget our identity separate from the body and instead misidentify ourselves with it.
    • If you do good work, you will have so-called enjoyment in your next life----but you will remain bound up the in the cycle of birth and death. and if you do bad work, then you will have to suffer the sinful reactions and also bound up in birth and death. But if you work for Krishna, there are no such reactions, good or bad, and at the time of death you will return to Krishna. This is the only way to break the bonds of karma.
    Hari bol
    • wow Mataji! those lines were really good. Thanks for the posting it. :)

• ALL GLORIES TO SRILA PRABHUPADA
    HARE KRISHNA

making notes is a great thing which helps us to have some content for our preaching work.

jai prabhupada
    your servaant
  • Hare Krishna Mataji -

Currently i am reading a book called 'Chant and Be Happy..' (Based on the teaching of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada). This book thoroughly explains how this innermost happiness can be experienced immediately, by anyone, through the extraordinary powers of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, or the Great Chant for Deliverance.

Hare Krishna

A starter

"Lord please bless me so that i serve much better"

• Hare Krishna ,

nice to know your present reading title. Chanting is THE most important feature of Krishna Consciousness. Mataji please post some excerpts , some lines or paragraph which has caught your attention ( i know that it is very difficult to point few lines from Shrila Prabhupada's books , as the entire book is very important , each line is full of knowledge ), but still for the benefit of devotees please post lines which has inspired u most.

hari bol

This reply was deleted.