Want krishna prasadam

Hi everyone, 

I live far from my home and I am also devotee I used to cook by myself and offer to prabhu  but due office  and non supportive  roommate it is very difficult to cook food alone  for 5 people they never helped or if I cook alone they behave strange and start shouting on me , and here vegetarian food is rare to find without eggs that's  why i need prasadam so that my soul will be relaxed i.e it is prasada of my prabhu .May i get maha prasadam of mahaprabhu krishna .

Hare krishna .

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna dear mataji,

PAMHO.

Firstly, apologies for delayed response.

I can understand your situation and have seen other girls in similar situations. We try to be nice and do for others. Unfortunately they take us for granted. 

What needs to be done is - 

1) Develop a thick skin.

2) Learn to say NO.

3) cook only for yourself. If possible, keep your cooking utensils separate. If not possible, dont fret over it.

If "so called friends" charge you for being selfish and cook only for yourself, tell them clearly that they can eat out, whereas you cant. You need to eat, and for that, you are fending for yourself. If they also want you to cook, then they have to chip in - either help in cooking/ take turns in cooking/ clean up after cooking/ help bring provisions - whatever. It is not easy to maintain a kitchen, that too in student life. You are being very brave by attempting to do so. I am sure Srila Prabhupada will be very pleased with your sincere devotion. 

Ocassionally, you can offer them something as prasad, not as a meal, if you want. Otherwise such selfish ungrateful people should be left to themselves. 

I can tell you easy to cook, to the extent non fire recipes to help you sustain if you want.

Best of luck dear.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Why you should have to cook for 5 people who don't want it? If you can't cook there, as the place is probably impure anyway, then at least offer uncooked items to a picture of guru parampara. I recommend you to get outta there asap.

Hari Hari
    ys J.

This reply was deleted.