Hare Krsna,

Please accept my humble obeiscances dear devotees,

I have a big confusion regarding whether Tulasi maata and Vrinda devi are the same person or different.

I read the story of how Tulasi maata married shankachuda [ sridama ] and how she attained Lord Narayana and then finally went back to her beloved Sri Sri Radha Krsna.

And Vrinda ji had married Jalandhar and Lord Vishnu had broken her chastity as well like that of Tulasi maata and then both Vrinda ji and Tulasi ji had attained Lord Narayana.

Apart from this I have read that Vrinda devi used to arrange the meetings of her beloved Sri Sri Radha Krsna in vrindavan.

So can , my dear devotees ,explain me about the difference or similarities between Tulasi ji and Vrinda ji [ I really dont know who they both are ].

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear Devotee, 

I recently listened to a lecture by Romapada Goswami, where he explained about his sort of conflict, where the lord and his devotees appear to have pastime that are similar but have differing elements, or the same story but slightly different.

Romapada Goswami explains that we should see these as two/three seperate lila in different yugas each slightly different but with the pleasure of the Lord as the prime objective.

All this aside I think that such conjecture is just a distraction, the answers to such questions will become obvious at the appropriate time. Just Chant Hare Krishna, and be happy!

ys

• Hare Krsna,

In my ignorance, I can only direct you to this story and these prayers.

Perhaps another devotee can fill-in more personal understandings and stories of Vrinda devi.

The story of Tulasi Maharani

Songs & Prayers to Tulsi devi

Tulasi - story
    Chapter One THE APPEARANCE OF TULASI DEVI Narada Muni asked Lord Narayana, “O Bhagavan! How did the pure, chaste Tulasi Devi become Your wife? Where…
This reply was deleted.