Vedic Elements vs Elements discovered by Modern Science

Hare Krishna, PAMHO.

The Vedas describe the entire material manifestation in just 25 elements.

Supreme Source

Super Soul (Krishna)

Source

Soul

Subtle Elemnts

Mind (Mana), Intelligence (Buddhi), Fale-Ego (Ahamkāra)

Senses 10

5  Knowledge Acquiring Senses (Jnānendriyas), 5 Organs of Action (Karmendriyas)

Sense Objects 5

Sound (Shabda), Touch (Sparsha), Form (Rupa), Taste (Rasa), Smell (Gandha)

Gross elements 5

Ether(Ākāsh), Air (Vāyu), Fire (Agni), Water (Jala), Earth (Prithvi)

While Modern Science (tries to) describe the world in these elementary building blocks.

• Six "flavors" of quarks: up, down, bottom, top, strange, and charm;
  • Six types of leptons: electron, electron neutrino, muon, muon neutrino, tau, tau neutrino;
  • Twelve gauge bosons (force carriers): the photon of electromagnetism, the three W and Z bosons of the weak force, and the eight gluons of the strong force;
  • The Higgs boson.
  • AND their corresponding antiparticles

Now just imagine the modern scientists trying to explain why a certain person is short-tempered using these elements :D :D

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear Prabhu,

Recent scientific discoveries have cemented my belief in Krishna. First when I  was young I dreamed of him before knowing somewhere out there in the world there were others that had seen this same all attractive man/spirit and depicted him in paintings and etchings from as far back as 3,200 BC (carbon dating). Then I find myself fascinated with the scientist Dr. Michio Kaku.. highly respected man.. who began speaking of M Theory.. and I wondered.. why do I feel so strongly he is right? Why am I so fascinated with this idea of a multiverse? I would daydream and dream in my sleep constantly about other universes similar to our own but different and the people, animals, and spirits in them and I would know they were all connected somehow in the back of my head however little sense it seemed to make logically. Then he spoke of these universes being like soap bubbles in an ocean and the universes separating from each other like umbilical cords and I thought of Vishnu.. and string theory and the tiny invisible strings that vibrated like strings on an instrument.. like music.. was always the comparison I felt something.. something intense... a realization.. the man in my dreams with the flute.. Krishna... it all seemed connected... so I began to do my research.. and found out about the Aum/Ohm as well being the sound/vibration of heaven and was even more convinced. Science keeps uncovering things that are described in the Vedic texts by poets and writers who I think just did not know how to explain what they were experiencing and did their best to describe it.  

• PS - I don't think the "elements" described in the Vedic texts can or should be compared to scientific elements anyway. The material universe elements are only on the first vibration of all that there is anyway right? I agree with Prabuh. They are only scratching the surface of the mundane. We are in Maya. The reality lies outside of our universe. Perception has a lot to do with it. When I see things like lectures talking about how if someone were to get sucked in a black hole you would not know it (the viewer) because there would still be the illusion of them being there because of how the speed of light travels and is warped...I think of descriptions of Vishnu lifting the veil of maya for people temporarily to show them the absolute truth and then covering it back up for their sanitys sake? I would guess with things like this. It is hard for us to comprehend it all. We are like children. We must at each our own pace grow, mature, evolve with birth after rebirth. Like.. you do not send a 3 year old off to college type deal. We are like children in the grand scheme of things I think.

This is just my humble opinion and ramblings as best I can communicate at the moment because I am still in a stage of I think.. struggling with wanting to understand with logic.. to prove it.. but what use is proving it? It's just to satisfy the ego? Is what the other half of me says... probably the more pure part of me that is hallway to Krishna.. because he explains in several ways that love  and devotion gets you understanding of him far quicker then any other way.  So, then I forget about it until I hear about something else new and exciting that seems to match up and confirm my beliefs... and I am all over again thinking about these sorts of things.

PS 2 - Hare Krishna! <3

• Haribol,

It's just to satisfy the ego? Is what the other half of me says... probably the more pure part of me that is hallway to Krishna.. because he explains in several ways that love  and devotion gets you understanding of him far quicker then any other way.

Yes even scriptures say that love and devotion is the ONLY way to understand Krishna.

But we try to glorify Krishna even using reasoning and spread His message of sat-cit-anand (eternal-knowledgeable-blissful) to people who prefer reasoning/logic.

Other good websites in this regard are

http://www.thespiritualscientist.com/

http://bsdsbliss.com/books/

“You are a scientist,write books, prove scientifically that God is the supreme Person.” Srila Prabhupada

yas saurabh

• Totally weird but just today a friend showed me an episode of "Through the Worm Hole" with Morgan Freeman called "Is there a 6th sense?" and just as we were talking about there is scientific evidence now that we have a mass consciousness. Those of us who have experienced Krishna don't need it but even the scientific evidence is starting to stack up. Maybe this will  start to make more and more people pause and think.

Hare Krishna! <3

• Hare Krishna devotees,

Please accept my humble obeisances.

The scientists keep working on most complicated formulas and strange theories but fall short of common sense. Modern science simply confuses and degrade the intelligence. For example soil science http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soil_science goes at length on researching properties of soils but avoids the practical point on how to stop from polluting the upper most layers by plastics and chemicals.

Ofcourse all do not have antipathy towards spirituality, most are simply brain washed. So it comes our responsibility about spreading the message.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

YAS Saurabh

• Volunteer

Visit this website dissentfromdarwinism.org

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna !!!

Science is good but what we are having today is scientific materialism. Materialism has got monopoly over science. Science can be used as a tool to study the order in nature and conclude that it's all Krishna's creation. But the materialists thinks that everything is going on by 'chance', the unscientific, illogical term. Darwin has no knowledge of the origin of consciousness, no Self-realization. He thinks that life originates from matter and based on this nonsensical assumption, he draws the entire theory of evolution which is taught to the students in universities that are centers of brain-washing. The material scientists are spending so much money in order to prove the same thing that life originates from matter instead of spending the money for God's sake. They can't understand the basic and simple truth that life only originates from life and not from matter. How something insentient can produce something sentient ?? There is always a Supreme Intelligence working behind the process of creation.

Could evolution and natural selection, without any intelligence behind them, create such precise and sophisticated DNA instructions—including the instincts, found in every species, that enable creatures to survive? It takes far more faith to believe that blind, random evolution could come up with such amazing DNA information than to believe an Intelligent Designer is behind this astounding amount of accurately coded language!

Remarkably, the discovery of this enormous quantity and quality of information inside the cell led a highly respected philosopher and atheist to renounce his belief that no intelligence was behind the design of the creatures we see around us.

"What I think the DNA material has done," says Sir Antony Flew of Great Britain, formerly one of the world's leading atheists, "is that it has shown, by the almost unbelievable complexity of the arrangements which are needed to produce [life], that intelligence must have been involved in getting these extraordinarily diverse elements to work together.

"It's the enormous complexity of the number of elements and the enormous subtlety of the ways they work together. The meeting of these two parts at the right time by chance is simply minute. It is all a matter of the enormous complexity by which the results were achieved, which looked to me like the work of intelligence" ( There Is a God , 2007, p. 75).

Fortunately some of the scientists are realizing the need to understand more than only the material energy. E.g. the Danish nuclear physicist Niels Bohr, also a Nobel laureate, stated, "All of us know that there is such a thing as consciousness, simply because we have it ourselves. Hence consciousness must be a part of nature, or, more generally, of reality, which means that quite apart from the laws of physics and chemistry, as laid down in quantum theory, we must consider laws of quite a different kind."

Your aspiring servant,

Hari bol !!

• Volunteer

Dear Prabhu,

Please accept my humble obeisances.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I was in some association with materialistic scientists before coming to Krishna consciouness. I can just say that many of them are very low class sensual people. They want to explain everything through gross matter, so they can do anything and everything because it's all just chemicals. They do not care to explain character and emotions. I am not making a general statement that 100% scientists around the world are like that, but many I have seen have this tendency.

In Srimad Bhagavatam, 2nd canto where the creation is explained it is said that both inteligence and senses are born of the mode of passion. Therefore very intelligent people tend to be very sensual also. Krishna in Bhagavad-gita says, as all surrender unto Me, I reward them accordingly. The scientists want to think that everything is gross matter, so they end up being caught up in gross sensualism, that's all they understand. Very intelligent, but all their intelligence is on the platform of anna-maya.

Your servant,

Madhavi-lata d.d.

This reply was deleted.