Hare Krishna !

My Humble Respectful Obeisance unto Lotus feet of Lord Shri Krishna, My Spiritual Master and all devotees.

Few month back, I was watching Shrimad Bhagvtam Katha in Television, Preacher was SRIMAN MADHVA GORESHWERE VAISHNAVACHRYA SRI SRI PUNDRIK MAHARAJ. I Enjoyed it very much the way he try to develop KRISHNA PREM in devotees,  But he told not to offer "OM JAI JAGDISH HARE " prayer to lord. Exactly I was unable to understand reason behind it.

Most of the Hindu family offered this prayer only to Krishna. Please guide me.

also I want to know which prayer should be offer to lord after bath of deity so that they become happy. 

Please forgive me if I made any offence asking above question.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hari Bol !

Manoj Prabhu , Deepak Prabhu PAMHO .

Otherwise ,
    We daily do say Jai Jagdish Hare in prayers to Lord Narshimha and Prahalalad Maharaj !
  • Volunteer

Hare Krishna pr

PAMHO.

The mood of the acharyas in our parampara is to beg mercy of Lord and considering ourselves to be the insignificant servants of the Lord. If we study the vaisnava songs of acaryas like narottam das thakur, Bhakti Vinod Thakur, Srila Prabhupada etc..we can know that they never demand the lord to give anything material, but just request the Lord to make us dance like His puppets.

In the particular song "Om jai jagadish hare.." there are many lines where it is like demanding the Lord to give us wealth, health, peace etc.

But the Goal of our life is not getting good health, good wealth, peace etc..It is to just be engaged in the loving service of the Lord.

Hope it is clear.

Thank you,

Ys

• Hare Krishna !

Please accept my humble obeisance.

It is very much clear to me now. thanks for guiding me.

Hari Bol

This reply was deleted.