URGENT ENQUIRY PLEASE

HARE KRISHNA ALL,

i am devotee of lord krishna. i joined ISKCON last year in april and i am daily chanting 16 rounds and following all 4 regulative principals.

i have one my close relative who is christian.

she said your bhagwad geeta is based on violence. she said if krishna is supreme god then why he could not stop war and death of so many innocent people ???

god only love peace n happiness n welfare and happiness of all living entities.so why killing of so many people ?

so why there was war in battlefield of kurukshetra ??

kauravas could have been right also. who knows ???//  ( my freind says please )

she said how u can believe something which is only written in a book by srila prabhupad n not have some prove based on facts?

there could have been peace all over the world bcos of krishna unlimited potencies if he is supreme.

please advance devotees reply.

HARE KRISHNA

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna to all devotees,

PAMHO.

Please do not mind my stating this - I think we should not be critical of this lady. She is following one path and she has certain questions about Krsna. Maybe she has not been able to word them properly, and she is definitely mis informed. She is talking about one aspect of what is the popular/ modern conception of Krsna. Doesnt matter. She is inquiring. If we answer with patience and without getting angry or abusive, it will show her our knowledge, and our control over our senses (by not getting angry or abusive). This may encourage her to ask more questions and thereby become convinced, or she may continue to believe in Christ. Nothing wrong in that - Jesus Christ has learnt the principles of our scriptures only and was simplifying that and giving them bite sized information. Every soul has to progress, as long as the soul is evolving, nothing wrong. After dealing with us, she should not get the impression that Krsna devotees are militants, who do not tolerate another point of view at all.

To Dear Subash Anjuru prabhu,

I have objections to your viewpoints. You give too much importance to your mind and less to scriptures, sadhu and guru. YOu need to read more, chant more to reach a stage where you will be receptive to what others (as in guru, sadhu, shastra and other vaishnavas) are saying. Where did you arrive at lord took the form of KRsna. Krsna is avatari. Acharya Jayadeva has also mentioned - kesava dhrita dasa vidha rupa, jaya jagadish hare.... apart from Brahma mentioning Govindam Adi Purusham Tam Aham Bhajami.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• Hare Krsna rashmi mataji

Please accept my humble obeicences ,

It is my first day here reading these posts, ... I agree , we should not be critical of others , and that we should be understanding of those who are taught to be suspicious of our beieifs the missunderstanding is not their fault , therefore we should take time to explain nicely so as to remove their confusion . It is important that we do not discredit our tradition , we must be allways thoughtfull and gentle in our replies , it is far better to give just a little of the wisdom of the gita that we know they will understand , than it is to try to convince or refute anothers beleifs is sometimes very damaging  even to try to ''counter'' one question with an arguement can be very dangerous ...

we must remember that Krsna is all atractive , we allso must be all atractive in our dealings with others and never chide another for their beleifs even if they are wrong , we must find skillfull ways to gently lead others to realisation .

also I must ask is it wise to have objections to anothers veiw point ?

Subash Anjuru ji is learning as are we all .

we must be carefull that we do not find fault in anothers efforts to discuss , reading and chanting alone will not make one receptive to what others are trying to say , we need to treat eachother with patience and understanding and listen between the words this will do more to help another to deepen in understanding ,

I can understand that it is not easy as English is not everyones first language , so again tollerance is very important .

it would be very sad if we cause another to leave because we are not willing to listen for the meaning behind anothers words .

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

Thank you for your feedback.

What can I say for someone who has come to the forum for the first time, read one post and is advising based on that? There is a lot of history with Subash Anjuru prabhu which you are not aware of - because you have not read all the posts.

Anyways I stand corrected. It is not for me to correct anyone - nobody gave me that mandate.

I came to this forum to read basically. When I started to see the posts, I realised taht I know the answers and started to reply. That became a kind of habit and I started to look forward to the questions. I thought what I am writing is the philosophy given by Srila Prabhupada, and since this is an ISKCON discussion forum, we should give everyone the philosophy of ISKCON.

I am sorry, I did not intend to create disturbance and offend anyone.

Please accept my apologies and dandavats.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• thanks rashmi mata ji for ur kind answers and advice to other devotees. u r very nice devotee. please keep on serving fallen souls like us . Hari bol.

• This reply was deleted.
      • Bg 12.3-4But those who fully worship the unmanifested, that which lies beyond the perception of the senses, the all-pervading, inconceivable, unchanging, fixed and immovable – the impersonal conception of the Absolute Truth – by controlling the various senses and being equally disposed to everyone, such persons, engaged in the welfare of all, at last achieve Me. 

--This is from  Bhagavad Gita As It Is, written by Srila Prabhupad. I really doubt if you people are really following your Guru. And I dont understand the hatred in you. Krishna told that both, will achieve Him(i.e those who meditate upon his Form and also those who worship His  unmanifested form).

• Dear Rashmi Mataji..

My Guru is Krishna. Whatever I speak, is not me speaking. Its only Him who speaks through me and I am just His tool.

Regards,

Subash

• E-Counselor

Wonderful, Krsna speaks through you!!!!!!!!!

To us, He speaks via shastra. To help us understand shastra and for practical application, we need guru and sadhu.

Krsna has spoken Gita and Bhagawatam (our main scriptures) is about the lord and His various pastimes. There is no contradiction in what He has said in Gita and what is mentioned in the Bhagawatam.

Then how is it that whatever you say is contradictory to these two texts?

So basically you are a GODMAN in the making (maybe already made). Warning to all users of IDT, believe at your own peril.

Haribol, Radhe Krsna

Jai Guru, Jai Gauranga.

• paritranaya sadhunam 
    vinasaya ca duskrtam 
    dharma-samsthapanarthaya 
    sambhavami yuge yugeyuge

Whenever there is degrade of dharma, God will take a form and destroy the wrong doers and establish righteousness. 

So, He took form of Krishna and destroyed the kauravas who were the cause of adharma. 

The war was supposed to happen and it happened by the will of God. Judging something to be good or bad is the quality of the ignorant. Krishna told us to transcend the dualities like good &bad, happiness & sad etc. 

Hope this answers you..

Regards,

Krishna

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

The best thing to do would be to ask this relative to read Gita and point out where the violent part is mentioned?

You can counteract and ask her that if Jesus is God, why did he have to get on the cross and say - dear father, please forgive them for they know not what they are doing. He could have given them the knowledge and changed their hearts and made them all devotees. Why didnt he do that?

That same way, Krsna did not change the heart of the people desiring to fight on the battlefield of Kurukshetra. He allowed them to do their free will.

Krsna did not stop the war and the killing of so many "innocent" people - the point is they were not "innocent". They were sinners, they had committed various sins and were compounding it with the desire to fight. Krsna fulfilled their desire to fight, but the consequences of the war was not in their hands.

The way she is doubting whether Kauravas were right or not and how we can believe anything written by one man Srila Prabhupada, the same can apply to her. She believes the bible to be "Holy Bible", right and believes that Jesus Christ was crucified, right? On what basis, any eye witnesses present? No na, it is what is written in books and what is believed over the centuries. Same way, we believe what is mentioned in Mahabharata as our history - what happened centuries ago. For proof, gradually they are uncovering proof also - the entire city of Dwarka has been found submerged off the coast of the present day Dwarka city. In Kurukshetra, ancient weaponry are found when construction work is done. There is enough proof for the believers, for the doubters, no proof is enough.

COunter question her - you mean to say there is no God of the world today - thats why there is no peace and so much turmoil in the world today? Then if God was supposed to rectify everything with a magic wand in Dwapara yuga, why He is not expected to do the same today?

Tell her to read some of our books - give her Perfect Questions Perfect Answers by Srila Prabhupada for starters and see if she reads and what her reaction is. Then you will know what is the next step.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

This reply was deleted.