Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Nidhi Mataji,

PAMHO.

Scientists are doing research for betterment of the body, to improve the quality of life. THey are not doing any research on the soul, or the existence of the soul. Anyways, if we want to believe the Gita, then it would be clear the size of the soul is 1/10000th the tip of hair, which cannot be seen, slain by any weapon, burned, no made wet nor dried (nainam chindanti shastrani, nainam dahati pavakah....). If you want to understand the science of the soul, you shoudl pick up he scriptures. Read Gita, it will clear a lot of basic doubts.

Anyways, whatever scientists say gets revised regularly, but the scriptures are puratan, sashwata - have you ever seen an updated version of Gita or Bhagawatam? That is because the knowledge given in the scriptures is eternal, unchanging, completely perfect and perfectly complete.

Regarding which path to follow - there are 4 recognized sampradayas - One from Brahma, One from Lakshmi, One from 4 Kumaras and One from Siva. We, ISKCON, are followers of Brahma Narada Madhva Sampradaya, we are Gaudiya Vaishnavas, followers of Lakshmi are called Sri Vaishnavas, they are prevelant in South India (the Tamil Iyengars are part of this sampradaya), followers of 4 Kumaras are called Nimbarka sampradaya and for Siva, I dont know much.

Sri Vaishnavas think Vishnu is the Supreme, they aim for Vaikuntha, whereas Gaudiya Vaishnavas think Krsna is Supreme and they aim for Goloka Vrindavan. Choose whichever path appeals to you and start walking down that path.

Have more faith on scriptures and less on scientists - they are fallible human beings like us and over history, some facts have been deliberately distorted to suit some scientific study.

Understand that Krsna is present in every organic and inorganic matter as paramatma.

You could go to www.gaudiyahistory.com to understand further about the various paths.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

gaudiyahistory.com - This website is for sale! - biographies Gaudiya Vaishnava Vaishnava Ga…
    This website is for sale! gaudiyahistory.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more…
    • Hare Krishna Mataji 

I am searching the path of RADHAKRISHNA ,how where when these answers i don't know.Actually RADHAKRISHNA worship i learned from my mother when i was v small but never learned soul spirit reincarnation etc these terms ,but in PRABHUPADAJI books i read them so often that i find my knowledge is v poor .I am not even ready for beginner books because basics are not clear then how can i learn such a rich scripture like GEETA BHAGWATAM.Recently i read KRISHNA THE RESERVOIR OF PLEASURE, and again reincarnation  startled me.I thought of learning the basic soul and matter relationship and understand in scientific terms.So i started correlating them as per science.

• E-Counselor

Hare KRsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

If Radha Krsna is your aim, then your path is Gaudiya Vaishnavism, follow ISKCON, read Srila Prabhupada's books. According to me, your approach of getting knowledge from scientists and trying to corelate with Prabhupada's writing is not correct at this stage. You will only get more and  more confused and it will take ore of your time also. Now, you shoudl read SP books - Perfect Questions Perfect Answers, The Science of Self Realisation, Discovery Yourself, Life Comes from Life.

If you are not able to understand anything from the books you are reading, then you ask that specific question, with reference. I will try to answer. SOmetimes, the answer comes to us after years of searching, so dont panic if you cant understand.

In my case, I can say that for my gurus, normal regular sentences they say to me while talking also I understand after few months, what to speak of philosophy. What I am able to understand from your efforts is merely understanding is not enough for you, you want to realise these things. That is a very good thought. Give yourself time.

That is the reason we follow Srila Prabhupada's books, he has explained the philosophy very clearly and at a very basic level as well as advanced level, there is something for everyone. Even now, every time I read Gita or any of SP's books, I discover a new sentence or meaning or understanding that I did not have earlier. Just keep reading. Remember, at soul level, you will understand if you are patient and perseverant.

Gita is graduation mataji, you must read everyday whether you understand or not. You will yourself not realise how much you have understood and started to imbibe until it hits you one day. Have faith. It is the sincerity of your heart that is dear to the lord. He will surely guide us as paramatma, have unflinching firm faith. Everything else will follow.

Haribol,

your servant,

Rashmi

• HARE KRISHNA Mataji 

Please help me to follow ISKCON Prabhupadaji because i love RADHAKRISHNA more than my life ,i promise i will read daily .

HARIBOL.

• Nidhi Mataji,

You need a guru who can explain you clearly the inner meaning of the verses in Gita.

I would suggest you to first read the Gita by yourself and list down all your doubts. You will find many simple verses and other complex verses(which involves the terms, soul spirit etc which you may not be aware). Then later you can one by one ask them here or your local temple guru and get them clarified. Likewise, you would develop a better understanding.

For now, leave aside the scientific explanation of soul since you are at the beginning stage. Once you have completely understood the Gita, you can then go into the scientific things and then you can relate better.

Regards,

Subash

• yes Prabhuji i think this approach is better first read and list down doubts and also pray to a Guru to explain .I was into all this i mean reading process but was searching for a scientific base to further move .I am reading beginner books of PRABHUPADAJI right now.I hope i am moving correct?

• Yes and as Rashmi Mataji explained, it takes time to completely get a good grip of Gita and to find the Supreme. So, go slow. Each verse is as deep as the ocean and as sweet as the nectar.

Happy Learning :)

• Hare Krishna Mataji,

I beg to differ with this point, "THey are not doing any research on the soul, or the existence of the soul".

There are many physicists who have been doing that and they have accepted the existence of Soul. You can refer to any of the following. Amit Goswami, Sir Roger Penrose, Stuart Hameroff, Deepak Chopra, Neils Bohr and many others have given theories of the existence of Soul( which they call Consciousness).

Slowly, but surely, Science is acknowledging our Indian philosophy and I think we must appreciate it.

Regards,

Subash

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Subash Prabhu,

I didnt know Deepak Chopra is a scientist! I thought he is a lifestyle guru. If you read his books, it is basically bite sized teachings of Gita in layman's language. In fact, if you must read, then read Robert Schuller's books, esp - Tough Times Dont Last, but Tough People Do. He speaks a lot more about faith which is inspiring. Read Dr. Brian Weiss - Many Lives Many Masters. It is entire reincarnation theory of our scriptures. The source is the same, different people are picking up different things and mentioning in their books. However, none of them are 'scientist'.

The others I dont know whether scientist or not?

Haribol,

• Rashmi Mataji,

Thank you for the book suggestions. I would surely read them :)

Deepak Chopra is a doctor(MD) Endocronologist and he has played a key role in bringing together many of the physicists in the field of research pertaining to quantum and consciousness to draw parallels to our Vedanta philosophy. He has authored many books in this regard, and his field is toward alternative medicine, using the power of meditation for internal healing.

Amit Goswami is Theoretical Quantum Physicist from India.  - ( Book - Self-Aware Universe)

Fritjof Capra is Austrian-born American physicist - (Book - Tao of Physics)

Sir Roger Penrose is  English mathematical physicist, mathematician and philosopher of science

Stuart Hameroff is anesthesiologist and professor known for his studies of consciousness

Penrose-Hameroff, together have proposed the Orchestrated objective reduction (Orch-OR) theory which claims that consciousness derives from deeper level, finer scale quantum activities inside the cells, most prevalent in the brain's neurons. It combines approaches from the radically different angles of molecular biology, neuroscience, quantum physics, pharmacology, philosophy, quantum information theory, and aspects of quantum gravity.

All these people, and many others have done extensive research on the existence of Soul(consciousness) and they are fighting against the material science which says consciousness is a product of brain.

These people are on our(theists) side and have been successful in the past few decades in this field and with their lab experiments, they are more than confident that they have a strong evidence of the existence of Soul.

Regards,

Subash

This reply was deleted.