Replies

• HARE KRISHNA PRABHUJI

You mean all these learned people have surrendered to Indian philosophy vedanta??

• Yes. They believe in eastern mysticism as a whole. Not just from India(Hinduism), but they also consider Taoism and Buddhism. Although these traditions are different, they all believe in the absolute aspect(The Soul or Consciousness).

Of these, Amit Goswami and Deepak Chopra are from India and they believe in Vedanta.

• Prabhuji (Subhash)
    It means that even spirit and soul can be divided and ultimate truth is KRISHNA ??but what is our identity right now ??if ultimate reality is BHAGWAN SREE KRISHNA then what are we ??

• We are Jiva Souls according to one sampradaya(ISKCON) and according to other(Adwaitam), we and Krishna(Supersoul) are the same. Its upto you, which to follow. As long as you see yourself as Jiva soul, there will be Krishna(Supersoul) and when you have merged yourself with the supersoul, there will only be Krishna everywhere and You wont have any identity.

Please don't get confused, mataji. Just follow any one. You will be on your way to the Supreme.

• thx prabhuji ,which is easiest  sampradaya of vaishnavism??

• I am not the one to comment on that. Its you who has to decide, mataji :)

• the link which you shared  Stuart Hameroff (anaesthesiologist ) only explained CONSCIOUSNESS on the grounds of dichotomy plus neuronic signals but no concrete answers to souls spirits etc as yet as we read in Indian philosophy .But i thank you for sharing the info because i was not even knowing what is actually consciousness.

• There are no concrete answers yet from science, Mataji. They modern era scientists are drawing parallels with the Indian Philosophy. They cannot completely prove it. Only can give some theories and explanation of the Soul's existence. But they are on the way. We never know what the future holds.

Regards,

Subash

• Prabhuji Hare Krishna

You did not get me ,i mean to understand the philosophy of soul and spirit ,which sampradaya of vaishnavism explains easily ,so that laymen like me can understand the abstract things, because i only know the process of read and understand .Actually i know nothing .I am totally bewildered when i encounter such terms because we were not introduced to such things even in college studies.If scientist are doing so much  research then atleast these terms need to be included in curriculum .

Regards.

• Well, you can start off by reading Bhagavad Gita - AS IT IS. The meaning and purports by Srila Prabhupada is simple to understand. But its better to learn from a Guru. You can contact your local ISKCON temple and attend the sessions.

As far as college studies are concerned, it will take time to include these subjects on Consciousness(Soul). Maybe they wont include it forever, cause the material science(Newtonian science) which we study, doesn't believe in this quantum explanation of consciousness.

Regards,

Subash

This reply was deleted.